Wheel Fix

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
So I wanted to know if there is a way to fix curb rash on chrome rims. My lip is chrome on my wheels and there is a tiny curb rash area barely visible but I know it is there and I am very picky and a perfectionist lol so I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it even though its on chrome. Also I have a dent on the chrome lip because a lug nut fell on the damn lip taking off my wheels. And then last thing was that some of the clear coat on the rims is coming off so I was wondering if there is a way to fix that also.

Thank you guys!
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are you 100% sure they are chrome and not just mirror polished aluminum and clear coated? You mentioned clear and its not normal to clear chrome. Unless you are talking about 2 or 3 part wheels, it would be unusual to have the rest of the wheel painted on top of chrome.

I may be wrong, but don't think there is a way to re-chrome just the repaired area but if its just polished. But if its polished instead of chrome, a wheel repair place should be able to take care of you.

Would help if you posted pictures.

Kind of curious how dropping a lug nut on a wheel would dent it.

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
Are you 100% sure they are chrome and not just mirror polished aluminum and clear coated? You mentioned clear and its not normal to clear chrome. Unless you are talking about 2 or 3 part wheels, it would be unusual to have the rest of the wheel painted on top of chrome.

I may be wrong, but don't think there is a way to re-chrome just the repaired area but if its just polished. But if its polished instead of chrome, a wheel repair place should be able to take care of you.

Would help if you posted pictures.

Kind of curious how dropping a lug nut on a wheel would dent it.
Yeah so the spokes and what not are brushed machine silver and then the lip is chrome. And I don't have pictures of just the rim and I don't have pictures of where the dent on the chrome lip is or curb rash but ill post some pics of the car so you can get an idea!
15.JPG
8.JPG

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Looks nice, but aren't you afraid of being one railroad crossing away from a bent 1/4 panel? Also the back wheels look crooked (toe out?) to me. Is something broken?

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice, but aren't you afraid of being one railroad crossing away from a bent 1/4 panel? Also the back wheels look crooked (toe out?) to me. Is something broken?
I am pretty good at avoiding bumps and stuff and not too much to worry about here in Daytona. I usually take it slow going over the railroads. And yeah I need to order camber plates for the rear because the camber is like I think -3.7 or something if I remember correctly from when I got an alignment done.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Was curious so did some searching. All I found (other than isolating and then re-plating the entire part that was chromed) was to sand and fill the damaged parts and paint the entire part with paint that "looks" like chrome or the same but using something more durable than paint described as sprayable chrome (https://www.pchrome.com/how-to/chrome-repair-restoration/). That process can be used on parts that only some of it are to look like chrome by masking but I don't see how doing just the damaged part would not leave a very visible boundary or a different look from the original chrome.

Hope you can come up with something better

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I am pretty good at avoiding bumps and stuff and not too much to worry about here in Daytona. I usually take it slow going over the railroads. And yeah I need to order camber plates for the rear because the camber is like I think -3.7 or something if I remember correctly from when I got an alignment done.
Good to hear that. Beautiful car!

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
Was curious so did some searching. All I found (other than isolating and then re-plating the entire part that was chromed) was to sand and fill the damaged parts and paint the entire part with paint that "looks" like chrome or the same but using something more durable than paint described as sprayable chrome (https://www.pchrome.com/how-to/chrome-repair-restoration/). That process can be used on parts that only some of it are to look like chrome by masking but I don't see how doing just the damaged part would not leave a very visible boundary or a different look from the original chrome.

Hope you can come up with something better
Good to hear that. Beautiful car!
Thank you man!
Sponsored