Sponsored

Bullitt and Adaptive cruise/ collision avoidance

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
It does not appear this is an available option unless it comes standard, which I don't see. Am I stupid or is this true?
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Nope, it is not available on N.A. cars, but it appears to be included in cars for the Australian market. Not sure about the E.U. I believe UK cars have electric Recaro's. So there are differences.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Nope, it is not available on N.A. cars, but it appears to be included in cars for the Australian market. Not sure about the E.U. I believe UK cars have electric Recaro's. So there are differences.
Thanks. Electric Recaros??? Now I am curious.

LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
It does not appear this is an available option unless it comes standard, which I don't see. Am I stupid or is this true?
I just don't understand Ford's thinking in not including these options (Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance) as well as rain-sensing wipers options on their excellent N.A. Bullitt. I realize I am old and need these driving aids more than younger drivers, but their non-availability on the Bullitt is a deal-breaker for me. I do understand including these options would increase the cost of the Bullitt, but I would not blink an eye paying extra for them.

Biffboff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
I can confirm there are crazy small differences, Like you said in the UK we get electric Recaros, lane assist, adaptive cruise and collision avoidance, the rain sensing wipers and the B&O music, but no blind spot/cross traffic gadgets, the only add on available is the Magna ride, which is another Β£1600($2000)

Sponsored

Michal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 DHG
I can confirm there are crazy small differences, Like you said in the UK we get electric Recaros, lane assist, adaptive cruise and collision avoidance, the rain sensing wipers and the B&O music, but no blind spot/cross traffic gadgets, the only add on available is the Magna ride, which is another Β£1600($2000)
I confirm that EU spec cars have lane assist, adaptive cruise and collision avoidance, the rain sensing wipers and the B&O music as standard equipment. There is no blind spot/cross traffic stuff and no electric Recaros. We also miss the memory for standard heated and ventilated seats.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I just don't understand Ford's thinking in not including these options (Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance) as well as rain-sensing wipers options on their excellent N.A. Bullitt. I realize I am old and need these driving aids more than younger drivers, but their non-availability on the Bullitt is a deal-breaker for me. I do understand including these options would increase the cost of the Bullitt, but I would not blink an eye paying extra for them.
Ford said when they rolled out their new Co-Pilot360 branding for their safety suite earlier this year that all 2019 vehicles after the Ford Edge (which is going on sale right around now) and later will get this as standard. This means next year I'm 99% sure all 2020 model year Ford cars will have it standard, including the Mustang. Since the Bullitt is also being built for 2020 and it's already in the EU cars, it means it's compatible and will most likely be standard on 2020 Bullitts. Just be prepared for a price hike because of it.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
EU spec cars have lane assist, adaptive cruise and collision avoidance... as standard equipment.
I remember it being posted that this equipment is necessary to achieve top safety rating scores from the Euro NCAP.
Sponsored