Sponsored

Ford oil catch cans

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Yup! There's no other reason to go with a particular brand OCC other than looks. There may be some nice features like an easy drain valve or something or other, but an OCC is an OCC is an OCC. They all do the same job and perform the same at doing it. And with that in mind, you cannot beat the neat factory look of the Ford can! IMO, of course.
This is not true. Not all catch cans are the same in efficiency. I've run five different cans on my 14 GT and they all did not catch the same amount of oil and they all had different signs of oil in the exit line. Some had liquid oil in the lines and some only had a slight film.

I also did tests using two cans in line with each other to test how much oil got past the first can and then reversed the test. I did this on several different cans and the results were never the same.

Some other guys did similar tests using different cans as well.
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
This is not true. Not all catch cans are the same in efficiency. I've run five different cans on my 14 GT and they all did not catch the same amount of oil and they all had different signs of oil in the exit line. Some had liquid oil in the lines and some only had a slight film.

I also did tests using two cans in line with each other to test how much oil got past the first can and then reversed the test. I did this on several different cans and the results were never the same.

Which one did you find to be the best?

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
Is there a 2018 passenger side OEM Ford version. Most vendors only list that side through 2017. Where are people ordering from?

syzygy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I've got a passenger and driver side Ford Performance catch cans for sale. Slightly used, approx. 500 miles on both. $200 shipped for the set including all the lines.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
This vid shows oil on both sides. He mentions driving it hard, but I think just on the street:

Autofanatic is a fucking crook. I have never had drop of oil in my driver side . He gets free parts by making videos and making fals statement.

Like his " high end custom made sub" that you can buy for 3 times less than what he sells on his website.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, I have tested frpp and jlt. The jlt catches twice as much. I added a easy drain valve to the jlt also. Awesome cc.

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone had a problem yet smogging in CA with this Ford Performance oil catch can installed?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Also, I have tested frpp and jlt. The jlt catches twice as much. I added a easy drain valve to the jlt also. Awesome cc.

That's good info. I would not have guessed. It must be the design of the can and the medium inside used to remove the suspended oil, since (in theory) the amount of air/oil traveling through each should be the same.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
That's good info. I would not have guessed. It must be the design of the can and the medium inside used to remove the suspended oil, since (in theory) the amount of air/oil traveling through each should be the same.
Air & oil is the same..it's what's collected
Appears to be a get what you pay for product
Sponsored