Sponsored

tyre imports

dirtysanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Want/need some Michelin super sports in 305/35 x 19. Wanna stay with 19 as they are the wheels I have sourced as well. Tyre is available overseas, and I know some of you guys have imported same yourselves. Grateful for any ideas or outlets you could recommend. Don't fancy paying $300 + USD for freight alone, like some of the ebay vendors wanna charge......Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I was after 305/19's and gave up in the end. I went with 295/35 19 Contisportcontact 6 and was surprised that they fill the guard completely. I am running P51 19 X 11 rear and 19 X 10 wheels on the front and this tyre is very square. The shop said he was surprised how big they were as he has 305/20's on his and these are every bit as big as them.

So far I am happy, it has been wet and cold still and they have a lot more grip than the standard Pirellis. I'm not saying they are better than Michelin's but they are a good option. Conti price is very good too.

Pirelli have a new P Zero too that is reportedly a better wet and cold weather tyre than the one we have as standard but the price is high and they are a Lamborghini OEM tyre so may be a little light on the load rating. It is a 305/19.

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I was after 305/19's and gave up in the end. I went with 295/35 19 Contisportcontact 6 and was surprised that they fill the guard completely. I am running P51 19 X 11 rear and 19 X 10 wheels on the front and this tyre is very square. The shop said he was surprised how big they were as he has 305/20's on his and these are every bit as big as them.

So far I am happy, it has been wet and cold still and they have a lot more grip than the standard Pirellis. I'm not saying they are better than Michelin's but they are a good option. Conti price is very good too.

Pirelli have a new P Zero too that is reportedly a better wet and cold weather tyre than the one we have as standard but the price is high and they are a Lamborghini OEM tyre so may be a little light on the load rating. It is a 305/19.
How about the rolling diameter as it is 4.2% different from stock and the recommendation is less than 3% change. Dose it effect your speedo calibration?

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
How about the rolling diameter as it is 4.2% different from stock and the recommendation is less than 3% change. Dose it effect your speedo calibration?
It must but it isn’t noticeable. The Pirelli’s were right on the wear limit and I would imagine there is negligible difference to a worn out 275/40 19 to a new 295/35 19. I might put a tape measure around it and compare to the old ones which I still have as spares.

All brands are different also, these 295’s absolutely fill the guards, the sidewall is very square on the P51 11 inch rear wheel.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The change in diameter will effect the speedo by exactly as much as the % change.
The bigger issue is running fronts and rears with relatively mismatched diameters.
Have a think about how ESC and TC work and you’ll understand why.
The computer can only compute on the basis of the data it receives.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
The change in diameter will effect the speedo by exactly as much as the % change.
The bigger issue is running fronts and rears with relatively mismatched diameters.
Have a think about how ESC and TC work and you’ll understand why.
The computer can only compute on the basis of the data it receives.
If stock is 255 front & 275 rear - 20mm difference
Upgrade could be 275:295 - same mm difference, different %?
or 275:305, 285:315?? 30mm difference?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If stock is 255 front & 275 rear - 20mm difference
Upgrade could be 275:295 - same mm difference, different %?
or 275:305, 285:315?? 30mm difference?
There’s a limit to the amount of allowable imbalance. I don’t know where the limit is but at some point, the car will recognise it as slip and attempt to fix it.

scollist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback, 1965 Fastback
For anyone interested - I just happened to check out Costco Tyres today as they mention they do Michelin on their website (as long as you are a Costco member).

Quoted for stock size Michelin Pilot Sport 4S:
- Rear 275/40/19 $495 each fitted and balanced
- Front 255/40/19 $496 each fitted and balanced
AND if you buy 4 they give a $100 discount - so $25 less for per tyre.

They are special order though and need 3 to 5 days after payment before installation.

Given they do special orders - they may also be able to get the sizes people are looking for on this thread.
Sponsored