Just the best damn car ever

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Checked the dipstick at 2,500 miles and oil was right in the middle of the two dots so looks like no oil usage. Don't have a catch can. I know some people swear by them but my opinion is if they were necessary, Ford would have included it from the factory.
Checked the dipstick at 2,500 miles and oil was right in the middle of the two dots so looks like no oil usage. Don't have a catch can. I know some people swear by them but my opinion is if they were necessary, Ford would have included it from the factory.
I have one on the gt350 and yes I see about 1/2 oz every other fill up. Have you noticed any piston slap as well? Thanks
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have one on the gt350 and yes I see about 1/2 oz every other fill up. Have you noticed any piston slap as well? Thanks
Haven't noticed any piston slap, car just runs great with no weird noises or feelings.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Haven't noticed any piston slap, car just runs great with no weird noises or feelings.
Great to hear! I just put down a deposit on a bullitt at my dealer to hold and test drive this week. This should tell me if I am about to make a mistake...
Guys, this may sound strange to some and truthly I am trying to figure it out myself why would I trade my gt350 for it. Every car I have purchased in the past was an upgrade on the next one so maybe I am just getting older. For some reason the new bullitt seems to fit my everyday driving.
Just some history about me I have owned the other 2 bullitts as well so I am a little partial to the car itself.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Great to hear! I just put down a deposit on a bullitt at my dealer to hold and test drive this week. This should tell me if I am about to make a mistake...
Guys, this may sound strange to some and truthly I am trying to figure it out myself why would I trade my gt350 for it. Every car I have purchased in the past was an upgrade on the next one so maybe I am just getting older. For some reason the new bullitt seems to fit my everyday driving.
Just some history about me I have owned the other 2 bullitts as well so I am a little partial to the car itself.
Well although the GT350 is an upgrade performance-wise, the Bullitt will be an upgrade tech-wise, especially if you get the Electronics pack. Things like the digital gauges, BLIS, heated steering wheel, nicer trim from 401A and B&O Play (although the 2019 GT350s will be able to get this stereo I think) are great to have in a daily driver.

Sponsored

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
To be nit-picky I gotta complain about the single beep-beep horn. My 15 GT had dual horns, I was surprised this one only has a single horn.[/QUOTE]

It's easy and inexpensive to add the 2015-18 dual horn set up.

Retroman1969

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Standard transmissions are dying a quick death at the expense of quicker shifts. I hate flappy paddles and have never enjoyed manumatics. This transmission is well done. It shifts smooth and solid without wearing out your left leg, but is still raw. I love feeling the engine pulse through the gearshift when your hand is resting on it at a stoplight in neutral. Most manuals I have had have engineered that connection to the gearshift out of the lever. There is just enough polish in this car to make it livable, but plenty of raw to keep it fun.
This describes my favorite part of the car perfectly! That, the sound and the view over the hood take me back to the 60s/70s, but with all the modern engineering and conveniences snuck in.
I’m not even a big fan of green but this is the sexiest color I’ve ever seen on a car.
My friends and I are always complaining that the roadways and dealership lots are loaded with nothing but identical melted boxes in black, silver, white and beige with the occasional burgundy.
This car is different and sexy without being obnoxious about it. :)

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Exhaust noise, looks, and green color - that's about as short as I can get the list :-) By the way, the steering tracks nice as a function of the base capability inherent in the S550's steering system along with the front wheel/tire size. I have not experienced what some have reported for tramlining for the models where the front wheels are larger (GT350, GT w/PP2).

The '18+ refresh was a nice base on which to build a Bullitt. I only wish I had a CD player with my base stereo, but I can live with a USB stick. I won't change a thing on this car.
Hi Tony,

I saw you have all three editions of the Bullitt; congratulations on getting the Trifecta! Kinda wish I'd kept the '08, something raw and rugged about it, but I got more cars than I can maintain as it is.

I think the '19 has a slightly larger turning radius than my '08 did; my mom has a driveway with a circular part at one end, I could just get the '08 to do a 180--although I did snag a sprinkler head on the front valence once when I got sloppy--but the '19 can't do this without reversing a little. No biggee ... just thought I'd mention.

Bob

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
No rain sensing wipers? It's odd the differences between markets, because our Bullitts all have them. We've got dual horns standard, too.

That said, we miss out on a lot. No underhood brace, no heated wheel, no BLIS, no Cross Traffic alert, no memory seats....

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I think the '19 has a slightly larger turning radius than my '08 did; my mom has a driveway with a circular part at one end, I could just get the '08 to do a 180--although I did snag a sprinkler head on the front valence once when I got sloppy--but the '19 can't do this without reversing a little. No biggee ... just thought I'd mention.
Hi, Bob - interestingly enough it "feels" like the '19 turns a little tighter than my '09 to me, but I think the width of the cars might be affecting how I perceive that. I will need to try it out sometime. I do think the '19's steering turn-in is sharper than the '09's, but I still love them both.

Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
I have 3,500 miles on mine now and it still is the perfect car to me too. Love everything about it and will be a keeper for sure. This car is a high water mark for me. I was hoping for a new Bullitt for several years, and Ford hit it out of the park. All the tech and luxury I want, the perfect look and amazing performance that's the best of all worlds. I only wish I had more time to drive it. Even after a 7 hour drive 2 weekends ago, I still wanted to keep driving it.
Bullitt --

We don't know each other but I wanted to thank you: You mentioned in a video that you got MSRP pricing from your dealer and I contacted them and they gave me the same deal. I was struggling to find a local dealer who was willing to do so. Again, thanks for your help and the quality videos.

/Rich

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Bullitt --

We don't know each other but I wanted to thank you: You mentioned in a video that you got MSRP pricing from your dealer and I contacted them and they gave me the same deal. I was struggling to find a local dealer who was willing to do so. Again, thanks for your help and the quality videos.

/Rich
That's awesome, I'm glad to have helped in a way! And kudos to you for searching one out! A lot of others weren't willing to travel or do the legwork to get one at MSRP and just gave up. These cars are worth the search! Happy motoring!

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
That's awesome, I'm glad to have helped in a way! And kudos to you for searching one out! A lot of others weren't willing to travel or do the legwork to get one at MSRP and just gave up. These cars are worth the search! Happy motoring!
Thanks! The car will be arriving this week from Ohio and based on your reviews and the feedback from so many others I am truly looking forward to driving it.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I really feel that the Bullitt is the best damn car out there too. Love mine. They are out there at MSRP or less, just gotta do a little looking.

Tim Kiely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2008 HG Bullitt #4007, 2019 DHG Bullitt #0373
I completely agree that this is one damn fine car. I was fortunate to get mine at MSRP out here in Northern California. All of a sudden I am getting numerous phone calls and emails from multiple dealerships. All of them except two were dismissive at the notion of selling at MSRP and now they are reaching out, “looking for good homes” for multiple Bullitt’s
Sponsored