Sponsored

18 401A alarm vs 19 401A

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
my 2018 Premium Plus car doesnt have the 2 motion sensors in the map light area like my 16 did. I noticed a 2019 401A car does.... anyone know if it can be added to my 18?
Sponsored

eddison

my 2018 Premium Plus car doesnt have the 2 motion sensors in the map light area like my 16 did. I noticed a 2019 401A car does.... anyone know if it can be added to my 18?
Yes, I added the motion sensing map light setup to my car. You will need to run two wires from the BCM up into the headliner to the map light harness, and make AsBuilt changes to the BCM and IPC.

OP
OP
stang1971

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
can you elaborate more? were they can bus wires? and do you remember what changes in as built? Thank you

eddison

Sorry for the late reply. The attached wiring diagram shows which wires need to be added to the overhead console harness/run to the BCM. C2280E is the connector at the BCM that the wires need to be added to. Note, in my 2018, the BCM connector did have pins in the designated spots, but they did not go past the first inline connector not far from the BCM itself. I simply pulled those pins out of C2280E and taped them aside, replacing them with my own.

I will try to find my notes on As-Built changes this week and post them. There were a few lines that I changed in the BCM in one session, and never went back to see if any could be reversed while retaining the feature.
Sponsored

Attachments