Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Wow! I missed out on that deal. You got a great deal. Hope it all works out for you. I am still a little skeptical on the twin SSMS turbos kit as this might be the only one out there. Good luck to you. My goal will be for the 400 hp numbers too! What ever route I choose in the future.
JMP / JPM ? has a TWIN kit and new revised single kit (it is now in the engine bay not under mounted) for a good entry price as well. Nothing to be skeptical about, this kit is developed by SSMS and tuned in conjunction with MPT. Both reliable and reputable companies. What is scary to most people is they are unsure of the "plug and play" nature of TURBO kits available to us in the 3.7L crowd. Pro Charger is such a well known name, been doing it forever, promises true plug and play (which its not), and so its easy to swallow, but I tell you its lot more expensive than the turbo route (from what I have seen with others build costs). Honestly, I was saving for the Pro Charger, I was going to replicate the D1SC build here in this thread, but for 2k it was too hard to pass up. I am not even able to install this on the Stang for another year. I am going to be overseas still, BUT I am preparing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
JMP's complete kit (with injectors, fuel pump and tuner/tune) is still $5k though and people have concern on the wear and maintenance of the turbos themselves. Their single turbo kit has done great numbers but I don't really see too much in the way of feedback on the twin kit unfortunately.

For the one you picked up, wasn't aware that the turbos were different from Kody's build so that makes more sense on how he was able to get so much more out of it. Sad that you won't be doing anything with it for so long though!

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
2k for that whole kit...man..
You suck lol

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Honestly, its not worth more than 2k. But 2k will get me 100 more horses so I'm good with it and I want to build this myself and really learn on this project. The supporting parts intercooler, oil cooler, downpipes, fuel pump etc. are all pretty much cheap knockoffs or inexpensive items. They are used too, BUT since this is a running kit and the R&D has been done I was willing to go in on it. I will get the tune with the kit too as a good baseline. What I am really paying for is the conversion kit, the ported turbo manifolds, custom 2 1/2 downpipes, the turbos, the electronic boost controller, all the piping cut and pre-fitted. I will be dropping more money at a later date to upgrade the intercooler (if I think this one is not good), new piping (want red or black not the blue), turbo blankets, and turbo screens.

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So my warranty will expire at the end of February. I've previously said that I do want to go FI but I am on the fence. I've pretty much settled on procharger. I don't plan on making stupid amounts of power. I'm just concerned about long term reliability. I don't plan on buying or changing cars anytime soon. I'd like to own the car another 3 or more years and maybe eventually do a coyote swap. I DD my car and do plan to do HPDE/road course. I don't beat on my car but I do like to push every now and then. But really I'm just not sure.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So my warranty will expire at the end of February. I've previously said that I do want to go FI but I am on the fence. I've pretty much settled on procharger. I don't plan on making stupid amounts of power. I'm just concerned about long term reliability. I don't plan on buying or changing cars anytime soon. I'd like to own the car another 3 or more years and maybe eventually do a coyote swap. I DD my car and do plan to do HPDE/road course. I don't beat on my car but I do like to push every now and then. But really I'm just not sure.
If you're planning a Coyote swap, why not just do that now? Similar cost to a Procharger isn't it? I'm seeing $7500-8000 range on ebay right now including trans for 2015, new Procharger is around $5500-6k.

For reliability, there's at least one guy out there that has been running a JMP single turbo kit for 3 years and done lots of strip runs and is currently beyond 600hp (I want to say 700 but not sure).

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
If you're planning a Coyote swap, why not just do that now? Similar cost to a Procharger isn't it? I'm seeing $7500-8000 range on ebay right now including trans for 2015, new Procharger is around $5500-6k.

For reliability, there's at least one guy out there that has been running a JMP single turbo kit for 3 years and done lots of strip runs and is currently beyond 600hp (I want to say 700 but not sure).
I have a procharger but JMP single turbo was not out when I made my purchase. I would go the single turbo route if I had to do it again since I never did a procharger before I went this route and I personally would rather have the turbo after all said and done. Coyote swap when I priced everything because I thought it may be a good option I forgot the shop I called but they specialize in motor swapping. Quote was 18-22k and at that price you should just trade for the GT.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
@Nagare Coyote sawp would be way into the future if at all.

I figured that it would cost a lot for a coyote swap but I didn't think it would be that much. I think a procharger might be really the way to go.

@MustangWarrior How does the procharger drive when not in boost? I know your setup is a bit modified. I've read that the feel is like stock. Is it exactly like stock or is it a bit better (like more torque)? I tend to drive more conservatively shifting at like 2k (paddles of course). Would I even notice a difference?

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
@Nagare Coyote sawp would be way into the future if at all.

I figured that it would cost a lot for a coyote swap but I didn't think it would be that much. I think a procharger might be really the way to go.

@MustangWarrior How does the procharger drive when not in boost? I know your setup is a bit modified. I've read that the feel is like stock. Is it exactly like stock or is it a bit better (like more torque)? I tend to drive more conservatively shifting at like 2k (paddles of course). Would I even notice a difference?

Yea it was disappointing to be honest because I was very torn and wanted to 5.0, If I had to do it again I feel I would have went a very different route.

Mine puts down 530whp on E85 and 480whp on 93 and if I am not in it, it feels completely stock and 93 still gets like 25 mpg.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Kinda off topic. I'm still debating on whether or not to get some sort of FI. I was looking to maybe get ported upper and lower intakes, $428 at AMR is pretty cheap plus you get a core exchange. Would that complicate getting say a procharger in the future or would it all be the same?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda off topic. I'm still debating on whether or not to get some sort of FI. I was looking to maybe get ported upper and lower intakes, $428 at AMR is pretty cheap plus you get a core exchange. Would that complicate getting say a procharger in the future or would it all be the same?
It would all be the same, but better. I think Brent (@MustangWarrior if I'm right on the car being the same one) just did that actually.

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
It would all be the same, but better. I think Brent (@MustangWarrior if I'm right on the car being the same one) just did that actually.
Indeed I'm on the S550 v6 mustang page and I just got my manifolds ported and used the gt throttle body with 3.25 silicone intake hose. Cost me $250 for the porting. Car runs so much better.

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Indeed I'm on the S550 v6 mustang page and I just got my manifolds ported and used the gt throttle body with 3.25 silicone intake hose. Cost me $250 for the porting. Car runs so much better.
Paul do the porting

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6