Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
anything they sell in the uk will work over here just fine buy the roush one if you want or the whipple or the edelbrock just make sure you get a custom tune rather than using something like roush's stock one their stock ones are setup for US fuel which the same as ours so while they work they're not brilliant

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anything they sell in the uk will work over here just fine buy the roush one if you want or the whipple or the edelbrock just make sure you get a custom tune rather than using something like roush's stock one their stock ones are setup for US fuel which the same as ours so while they work they're not brilliant
Thanks for that lead! If I buy the roush one here, it will work there on a RHD car? When I contacted Roush they said no....

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Thanks for that lead! If I buy the roush one here, it will work there on a RHD car? When I contacted Roush they said no....
they work just fine over here mountune are the official roush dealers over here and can probably hook you up failing that i'm sure guy@nemesis can sort you something too.

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they work just fine over here mountune are the official roush dealers over here and can probably hook you up failing that i'm sure guy@nemesis can sort you something too.
Thats great, thank you!!! Much appreciated!

Sponsored

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
As far as I know there isn't a UK tune for any 2018MY supercharger install yet. The issue is the 18MY has gasoline particulate filters (GPF) which the US doesn't have and these affect the exhaust back pressure considerably. We are looking at a couple of options at the moment which include a UK 'off road' solution which will mean fitting catted headers to get round the GPF issue.

OP
OP

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as I know there isn't a UK tune for any 2018MY supercharger install yet. The issue is the 18MY has gasoline particulate filters (GPF) which the US doesn't have and these affect the exhaust back pressure considerably. We are looking at a couple of options at the moment which include a UK 'off road' solution which will mean fitting catted headers to get round the GPF issue.
Thats good information, thank you for that. When you find a solution, please pass it along!

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mountune.com
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 RTR Mustang Spec 2
Dave from GT101 is correct.

We at mountune are the European Master Dealer for Roush and can confirm there is currently no calibration for the supercharger on European 2018/19 Mustang GT yet. This is due to the GPF requiring a specific calibration, and the US Mustang does not use a GPF.

hipoxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Dave from GT101 is correct.

We at mountune are the European Master Dealer for Roush and can confirm there is currently no calibration for the supercharger on European 2018/19 Mustang GT yet. This is due to the GPF requiring a specific calibration, and the US Mustang does not use a GPF.
Any news on a Roush calibration for the supercharger on gpf cars?

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Shadow Edition S550
Speak to the guys at Motorsport and Performance they custom Tune everything and sure they will have a way to tune a MY18/19

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just put a Whipple on it, they have already done a tune for U.K. 18-19

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I'm interested in a Super Charger, in the mid term (had my GT ~7 weeks).

In the meantime I see Ford significantly increased cooling for the GT500, which is expected to make 750-775 bhp.

I suppose I'd want to follow what Ford have done on the GT500 as far as practicable, but wouldn't expect to gain as high an output figure.

Pity the GT500 isn't RHD.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Any news on a Roush calibration for the supercharger on gpf cars?
I know it's being worked on (not by Roush) but I don't have any projected release date at the moment.
We've fitted three 2018+ Whipple supercharger kits now (and have another one due in the next month).

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
We understand that the GPF and RHD manifold create restrictions, hence 460hp in the States to 444hp in the UK (3.5% difference). Presumably this 3.5% difference somewhat scales up with power, i.e. the GPF and RHD manifold becomes a 5.5% restriction on a 700hp car.

So, a restriction is technically fine, just throw more boost at the car and manage the cooling side of things (big intercooler, better radiator, water injection) to get equivalent power to the Americans if you want to keep the car 100% legal. The only real issue is that outside of a road car and a drag car to be used at Santa Pod, a highly boosted supercharged car on the stock exhaust system would probably run way too hot on a track day and could lead to some damage if the tune isn't 100%.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i'm desperate for a supercharger, but it costs money haha i may set up a go fund me page :crackup:
Sponsored