Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
", with wide 3M tape and lots of fixings. "

I would assume the fixings; are bolts.

@SteveS appears so! They lead me to believe it was like the following (see the trim round the edge)
20818_1068811229812316_5978738910603499569_n__08670.1435879698.jpg

Spot on taped and screwed. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with relying just in the 3M trim tape to be honest. Fixings are as close to the leading edge as possible to counteract air pressure trying to push splitter down. Along with larger washers to help spread the load more evenly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I’ve suffered a few brown trouser moments lately with the lack of grip in the wet. A mid throttle 3rd step out last week was the final straw.

So these arrived today ! They are shoed in YOKOHAMA W-DRIVE Winter Tyres ready for this terrible winter they are predicting.

32C1404F-0270-4847-9DCB-43C5D3FD31E7.jpeg

Fitted them straight away, albeit prefer the Shadow Edition wheels it’s nice to have a different look winter and summer. Excuse the filthy car !

B9309D2B-2A6E-415F-ABA4-B65B62E51A2B.jpeg
44B4B176-B9C2-4F5B-B3EF-E81800664194.jpeg

On removing the old wheels I quickly found out why I’ve had so much ‘fun’ lately. The factory fitted P Zeros have gone in less that 8k miles ! Time for an immediate 4 wheel alignment I think !

8B5983E1-6390-490E-BCC5-AC65050D3F6D.jpeg

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
They look like Michael Schumacher's F1 slicks.
Is that a front or rear ? Just curious, have you been giving it some wellie or just regular driving ?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
On removing the old wheels I quickly found out why I’ve had so much ‘fun’ lately. The factory fitted P Zeros have gone in less that 8k miles ! Time for an immediate 4 wheel alignment I think !
nothing to do with needing 4 wheel alignment and the wear pattern is clearly straight down the middle so yes the pzero's really do wear that badly that fast and they are that shit (mine lasted 2k before they were bald) and perhaps they were a little over inflated.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
8k miles on a performance 400hp car isnt really bad...it's certainly not great, but I would be guessing at around probably 8-12k for a set normally depending on driving style etc Also different brands = different wear rates (of course)

Also good idea on the winter tyres if you are using it over winter. I definitely recommend this!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
B57A8ACD-C0E4-42FC-A662-E872E8BB1627.jpeg
Today things didn’t go to plan. Rushing around and not paying attention I stupidly managed to nudge the front splitter against the kerb and this happened.

Not amused with myself but in all honesty I’ve been in two minds over the front splitter anyway. So every cloud and all that !

Looking at the Cervini front splitter now but getting mixed reviews as to whether it will fit the UK spec GTs

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
B57A8ACD-C0E4-42FC-A662-E872E8BB1627.jpeg
Today things didn’t go to plan. Rushing around and not paying attention I stupidly managed to nudge the front splitter against the kerb and this happened.

Not amused with myself but in all honesty I’ve been in two minds over the front splitter anyway. So every cloud and all that !

Looking at the Cervini front splitter now but getting mixed reviews as to whether it will fit the UK spec GTs
What you doing with the old one? If you are binning it then let me know and I’ll give it a second life :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
What you doing with the old one? If you are binning it then let me know and I’ll give it a second life :thumbsup:
It’s yours if you want it !

Not sure when I’ll be swapping it over but looking to buy new splitter in January. I’ll drop you a PM when I’ve taken the old broken splitter off.

Sponsored

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT

I have the APR Frontsplitter on my GT, and have had two times where I hit a curb. The carbon holds up just fine.
Nice build so far. Expensive hobby, this Mustang thing.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I’m going for the Cervini Splitter as the replacement just trying to find somewhere that sells it at a sensible price or will ship to UK.

The UK based sellers have a big mark up on this but the US sellers seem to no longer be shipping to UK :-(

Waiting for Jan sales to see if there are any deals !

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going for the Cervini Splitter as the replacement just trying to find somewhere that sells it at a sensible price or will ship to UK.

The UK based sellers have a big mark up on this but the US sellers seem to no longer be shipping to UK :-(

Waiting for Jan sales to see if there are any deals !
Send it to stackry (based in america) and use stackry to send it to the UK. most USA guys will sent internally within the states:
https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=747473

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
cervini will also ship to the uk its how must of us have got cervini bits so far.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia