HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do any of these new 8 in Android units have the ability to control the AC by touch screen, I've been looking at getting a Tesla unit to get rid of my tomtop but I prefer the 8in screen versus a giant screen or the sideways 10 inch screen. Reason I'm asking is because I have controls from a premium with the toggles on the bottom and the AC doesn't function well it does function it's just you can't change the air flow directions examples would be like floor or a mixture of floor and defroster and face just face or defroster everything else in a premium is controlled by the touch screen so I'm looking for unit to be able to keep the buttons like modification or raxiom which has touch screen for the AC. I would just prefer an Android version thanks if anybody has any input besides a a Tesla unit
Yes they control HVAC from the touch screen. I'm planning to pull mine out this weekend, simply because it does a double-boot on startup, and I'm picky, so I'm going back to stock.
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Do you have a link for the one you purchased

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bought a Witson s200 for 479.00. Hopefully the a/c can be controlled by the touch screen as well but has to be far better than my tomtop unit.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought a Witson s200 for 479.00. Hopefully the a/c can be controlled by the touch screen as well but has to be far better than my tomtop unit.
From a quick search on Aliexpress, I don't see any at 479. You didn't buy the one that is just the radio display part right? If you did, it won't fit.

The one that would fit comes with the bezel and is listed at $592.

I'll be listing mine up shortly starting at $400 shipped, only thing that you would need to do is reset (forgot to before I took it out) and get some new double sided tape for the GPS antenna and 3G/4G antennas.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ended up cancelling the one for 479.00, contacted Witson directly and they sent me one for 363 and change. Dremeled out the bottom center cluster to fit the premium parts, so far like half the a/c is touch screen, might be able to figure it out later using forscan but this is so much better then what I had. Also installed some new front speakers this weekend as well. This unit had a better amp then stock.
20181022_034658.jpg

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up cancelling the one for 479.00, contacted Witson directly and they sent me one for 363 and change. Dremeled out the bottom center cluster to fit the premium parts, so far like half the a/c is touch screen, might be able to figure it out later using forscan but this is so much better then what I had. Also installed some new front speakers this weekend as well. This unit had a better amp then stock.
20181022_034658.jpg
There's likely a setting somewhere in the system to select which version of the Mustang you have. (Base or premium) to allow the touch screen to change HVAC settings 100%. $363 is a legit price, is that with shipping included?

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was with shipping, it's says 295 on Alibaba website but after shipping it was 363, got it in a week. Once they processed my order it shipped and I got it in two days by DHL. So far so good I will have to check the setting for the a/c to see what it is set at.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That was with shipping, it's says 295 on Alibaba website but after shipping it was 363, got it in a week. Once they processed my order it shipped and I got it in two days by DHL. So far so good I will have to check the setting for the a/c to see what it is set at.
I'd love to get a hold of the software on that one. I guess I'm just gonna have to order it and see what I can accomplish.

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang w/Perf Pack
How are you liking it so far Kahboom? I was watching this thread with the one Badger was demoing before it fell through. Does everything function as it should steering wheel controls, reverse camera, etc. Price is at a point i'd definitely be enticed to look into it. Get the ac issue worked out yet?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

akatagyourit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang w/Perf Pack
Well I'd have been interested if I didn't ecoboom yesterday. Slung a rod through the passenger side of the block. Good luck with the sale.
Sponsored