Sponsored

Why did you sell your GT350?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The mustang interior doesn't bother me. I track my car if I never did a m2 or m3 might be better. It's not Porsche money so that's not a valid comparison I like a track car with a warranty.

The new porsches are so big I don't like them that much.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
The mustang interior doesn't bother me. I track my car if I never did a m2 or m3 might be better. It's not Porsche money so that's not a valid comparison I like a track car with a warranty.

The new porsches are so big I don't like them that much.
Agreed, I guess I’ve just never owned enough premium stuff to let the interior bug me, i think it’s pretty nice

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
My post in regard to the '12-'13 B302 had mentioned the superior fit/finish of the chassis of the car. GT350 has higher performance levels for certain, but imo the B302 engine is one of the most robust Ford has made. The FPC 5.2 will be known as a bit exotic, albeit fragile imo.

I might add I also had a '12 Challenger SRT8. Fit/finish may not have been as good as the B302's I had but it was certainly better than both of the GT350's I had.
Why does everyone forget how many Boss motors went up un smoke in 11 and 12?

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I have to agree that the Coyote engine in the Boss 302 was just a terrific engine with outstanding low end torque and to be quite honest the Laguna Seca cars that I had were just as fast as any of my GT350/R's in a straight line partly due to the very sticky P Zero Corsa tires along with the low end torque as mentioned. That tire to me is certainly superior to the Cup 2 tires on my R model.

Back in 2015 when the 50th Anniversary Mustang GT first came out I had both a 6 speed and automatic and enjoyed these cars immensely with the advertised horsepower of 435 HP being probably somewhat accurate but after driving my Boss cars right after the 2015 Mustang GT cars no one can tell me that there was only a 9 HP difference between the two vehicles. At 444 HP the Boss 302 engine was definitely underrated and probably closer to ~480 HP at the crank.

I recall having a couple of car buddies dyno test their Coyote engines and they came in at 416 HP to 420 HP at the rear wheels which certainly confirms much more than the 444 HP as advertised by Ford with stock quarter mile times of 12.3 and zero to 60 of 4.1 seconds and confirmed how much faster it was than the 2015 Mustang GT cars at 435 HP.

When it comes to the Voodoo I also agree that it is a very high strung exotic engine and that Ford certainly went out on a limb in order to develop this 315 CI FPC engine. Unfortunately some individuals such as yourself and others have found out that some of these exotic engines had a few internal issues. Myself and all of the many car buddies of mine that own these cars fortunately have not had any issues to date and certainly feel for the small percentage that had some engine failures.

My personal experience with respect to paint, body fit and finish between the 2 cars (Boss vs GT350) is very similar with a slight edge to the GT350 on paint and exterior/fit/ finish/panel gap and found that the fit and finish of the GT350's interior somewhat better than my Boss cars.

:)
my experence is similar, although I would give the paint finish and interior fit and finish to GT350, slight edge in exterior fit/panel gap to boss 302. There weren't any TSBs for rear bumper on B302 :)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Very funny. I wonder what makes you think I need that at daily commute.
It was based on what you said and what I know.
I believe you said the GT350 doesn't make enough low RPM torque.
Having driven a GT350, I know how much torque it makes, how it accelerates and how it typically breaks the tires loose when it gets up on the torque curve in first gear (assuming you have the loud pedal down).
The Bimmer makes lots of torque at a super low RPM.

What can you do with all that torque? Burn the tires is the answer. I doubt the BMW is faster than the GT350 in the real world. It just has a good setup for burnouts (or possibly towing).

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It was based on what you said and what I know.
I believe you said the GT350 doesn't make enough low RPM torque.
Having driven a GT350, I know how much torque it makes, how it accelerates and how it typically breaks the tires loose when it gets up on the torque curve in first gear (assuming you have the loud pedal down).
The Bimmer makes lots of torque at a super low RPM.

What can you do with all that torque? Burn the tires is the answer. I doubt the BMW is faster than the GT350 in the real world. It just has a good setup for burnouts (or possibly towing).
Not sure I follow your logic. You can brake traction in a BR-Z if you floor it from dead stop in 1st gear. That doesn't mean you have too much torque.

Many cars makes more torque at low end than a 440i. Diesel engine makes way more torque, Tesla as well; Mercedes S65 makes 700+ lb/ft @ 2000 rpm.
None of them lose traffic under normal drive. Just easy and strong acceleration without the need of high rev/ downshift.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure I follow your logic. You can brake traction in a BR-Z if you floor it from dead stop in 1st gear. That doesn't mean you have too much torque.

Many cars makes more torque at low end than a 440i. Diesel engine makes way more torque, Tesla as well; Mercedes S65 makes 700+ lb/ft @ 2000 rpm.
None of them lose traffic under normal drive. Just easy and strong acceleration without the need of high rev/ downshift.
I get it now.

Sponsored

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
our cars has its flaws... however every time I think of another car, I take mine for a spin or schedule a track day & all is forgotten. If you can't do that. Watch this old video by Leno. These type of cars are becoming rare and rare these days.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Minute compared to the FPC 5.2. Show me the blown engine thread as long as the GT350 for the B302...
What does the length of a thread have to do with the number of failed engines? The reason the blown engine thread is so long is that a lot of the comments are from know nothings, and in particular a couple of know nothings, who are just posting to stir up the pot. There are also lots of posts by people just speculating and guessing without adding anything meaningful to the discussion. That's why I deleted my posts in that thread and unsubscribed from it. If that thread was just the people who had actual experience with a blown motor, or people who at least knew what they were talking about, it would be a lot shorter.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Thought about selling only so I could lock in an R. I really wish I could have gotten a base R in 16.
Where does the spartan interior come from? When I’m not driving the GT350, I drive a Land Rover LR3, or a 94 Lightning. I’d rather drive the GT350 but trying to keep the road rash/chips off the car.

It has a very comfy Recaro seat, a shifter and a steering wheel. What is it missing to make it a complete interior? It’s a great time to be a car guy with all these choices.

Let’s hope the late 70s/80s don’t repeat and take the fun out of cars.

But hey, I’d like to have a Mustang II King Cobra or another 84 SVO so maybe this is a skewed opinion.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I have to agree that the Coyote engine in the Boss 302 was just a terrific engine
Man I have to stop you right there. The least you can do is call the motor by its correct name. The Boss 302 has the "Road Runner" V8. It's just a small abeit very annoying point of contention with me having owned a 12 RR Boss 302 numbered 1930.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Agreed.

A few months ago I paid $19K for a brand new, leftover AWD VW Tiguan S for a disposable DD in the fleet. The fit and finish is far better than that of my Mustang. There isn't a single body prep or paint blemish anywhere on the thing, as I found when I clayed and sealed it, and the panel gaps are crazy consistent. And solid and rattle free. Two for two, had a 2010 before this one.

My Mustang has misaligned panels and, in one spot, grind marks under the paint, etc. Plenty of small interior rattles at under 8K miles.

There's no reason Ford can't do better than they do in the fit and finish department. None, zero, zilch, nada.

The fit and finish of my 2008 and 2015 Mustang GT were pretty good IMO. I did have an annoying rattle here and there from my '15 GT though that started with under 10K miles. One from the dash. The other intermittent from the rear passenger area. My Focus ST was misaligned at the rear hatch and rattle from day one.

I have 2 VWs: a '14 Jetta SE 1.8, '15 Golf TDI. Both of them have been bulletproof and the fit and finish is excellent. For the price I think VW overachieves as far as build quality goes.
Sponsored