Sponsored

Ford Underseal fix...... disappointed.

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
As stated above applying underseal in the EU is a way of avoiding tax / quotas. So why with all the grief that the dealer's get for poor service / work are people prepared to try and get the underseal done under warranty. Why pay hundreds for proper detailing and paint protection and then let Ford loose on the underneath?

As an aside I did read an article that stated all Ford Transit Connects for the USA are made in Spain with rear seats and windows thus avoiding commercial vehicle tax. The first job as they roll of the boat in USA is removed rear seats and windows which takes less that 30 minutes. When I read this it did remind me very much of the underseal scenario...
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
As an aside I did read an article that stated all Ford Transit Connects for the USA are made in Spain with rear seats and windows thus avoiding commercial vehicle tax. The first job as they roll of the boat in USA is removed rear seats and windows which takes less that 30 minutes. When I read this it did remind me very much of the underseal scenario...
Eh? Putting windows into a Transit Connect is easy (cut out the metal and add windows) removing windows is impossible - what do you put in the holes ?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic