LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Just click the video he put in his post or the one you just quoted :)..
Sounds mean in track mode..
DOH!!!!LMAO
Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I wonder what percentage of folks realize the car is different. I do get some folks glaring at it. Mostly folks in "car guy cars". I'm not sure if they are just looking at a Mustang or realize the offering is a bit unique. I get with the wheels, wide tires, and front spoiler it comes off aggressive looking.

Kind of like how I eye every Chevy SS I see.

TrackBred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lighting Blue PP2
I wonder what percentage of folks realize the car is different. I do get some folks glaring at it. Mostly folks in "car guy cars". I'm not sure if they are just looking at a Mustang or realize the offering is a bit unique. I get with the wheels, wide tires, and front spoiler it comes off aggressive looking.

I have a ton of all types of car guys stare at it for a while and tell me something is different about it, but they don't know what it is.. LOL A lot of complements but they are still confused on what is going on. LOL

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Even the splitter and the wheels/tires are fairly subtle unless you know what you're looking at. They're visibly different enough to notice without being slapped-upside-the-head obvious about why they are what they are. Keep in mind that nearly all average drivers and many 'enthusiasts' still don't understand a serious corner-carving car unless it's a Corvette/Viper/Porsche/exotic, plus a scattering of others. Let alone appreciate something like the PP2 when they see it.

But you do know what you're looking at the moment you see one of those. Most other people . . . don't.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Even the splitter and the wheels/tires are fairly subtle unless you know what you're looking at. They're visibly different enough to notice without being slapped-upside-the-head obvious about why they are what they are. Keep in mind that nearly all average drivers and many 'enthusiasts' still don't understand a serious corner-carver of a car unless it's a Corvette/Viper/Porsche/exotic or a handful of others. Let alone appreciate something like the PP2 when they see it.

But you do know what you're looking at the moment you see one of those. Most other people . . . don't.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the input.

Hope more PP2 owners chime in. Photos and videos welcomed.

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Has anyone had an issue with it not wanting to go into second gear when you're getting after it?

The other night I went from a roll in first and went to shift to second and it locked me out of it. I'm waiting for it to get nicer out around here to try it again but my days are limited here in Iowa.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I do notice until warmed up the 1-2 shift is delayed. I don't "shove" or "slam" it into gear. I put slight pressure until the car transmission accepts it. It is very inconsistent which sucks. One out of say 50 times when shifting into 1st at a dead stop it is butter smooth and I'm impressed. The night stop back to same old glunky junky tranny.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Has anyone had an issue with it not wanting to go into second gear when you're getting after it?

The other night I went from a roll in first and went to shift to second and it locked me out of it. I'm waiting for it to get nicer out around here to try it again but my days are limited here in Iowa.
I've had no issues with the tranny at all. I have shifted at 7500 a number of times, not one case of lockout. I usually make sure it's up to temp before I get on it, but I tracked it in 50 degree weather without a fault. Mine was a late '18 build. Do you have an earlier build that might have the questionable shift forks?

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Hard to chime in yet on quirks with old 200 miles but as for raves, this car makes it fun go for a drive. Looking forward to really pushing it.
20181021_101202.jpg
20181021_101034.jpg
Dude, That is NICE!! Love the color. The stripes set it off nicely.

OP
OP
LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
I do notice until warmed up the 1-2 shift is delayed. I don't "shove" or "slam" it into gear. I put slight pressure until the car transmission accepts it. It is very inconsistent which sucks. One out of say 50 times when shifting into 1st at a dead stop it is butter smooth and I'm impressed. The night stop back to same old glunky junky tranny.
Have you looked at aftermarket shifters?

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Have you looked at aftermarket shifters?
I have not. I'm not really sure if it is the shifter or the tranny. I'd be interested in a shorter throw since the 4-5 and 5-6 shift is a bit of a "reach" for me comfort wise.

But I honestly don't feel comfortable messing with the shifter or tranny at this point till I get closer to the warranty being expired. I might try a fluid change at some point to see if that helps though.

It is a bit less picky than my 6 speed was in my STI. That silly thing didn't want to give you 1st gear at all unless you were at a dead stop and downshifting into 2nd for a low speed turn was an issue.

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So far my trans is pretty smooth. When it's cold the 1-2 shift is a tiny bit notchy.
I hear some after market shifters like the Barton can help out, it's on my list of things to get.
Sponsored