Sponsored

Oil pan revisions

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
GR3Z-6675-E is the new part number. My car has been sitting for a while waiting for a new Oil Pan. The dealer cant get it to stop leaking after doing the OPG and says the manual says to replace it. It looks like the pan may have went through some revisions. Does anyone have any info?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Why wouldn't they? Money is money.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ive never found a dealer that would install non OEM parts. Not to mention the powertrain warranty is likely void. would be interested to hear the OP's experience on this.
AFAIK, Ford dealers who are also authorized Ford Performance dealers will install the parts they sell, and to the extent that FP has a warranty for the parts, they manage it.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just because it's a "Ford Performance" part and that a dealer will install it, doesn't necessarily mean Ford will still cover your power train warranty with it. Remember even the Ford Performance parts website states these are considered aftermarket and not "Ford parts". I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just because it's a "Ford Performance" part and that a dealer will install it, doesn't necessarily mean Ford will still cover your power train warranty with it. Remember even the Ford Performance parts website states these are considered aftermarket and not "Ford parts". I'd love to be proven wrong though.

True.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I disagree with that video 100%, as the GT350 uses the same oil pump, has greater vibrations and revs to 8K+ from the factory. That in an of it's self leads me to believe that the theory expressed in the video is 100% incorrect.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Well, you might take a look at the "Ford Performance" warranty. When I last checked it (and I have a copy in front of me) it is actually a Ford Motor Company Warranty on certain Ford Performance Racing parts. It expressly does not cancel your regular warranty. It's actually a pretty good warranty (from the customer's point of view) as written.

<TED>