OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
.... Right at the beginning of the police video, the officer states he pulled Castile over for having a tail light out...
That's the excuse he told Castile, but he admitted in testimony that he pulled him over because he thought he looked like a suspect in a robbery committed days earlier (who had a wide set nose). Killed whilst in possession of a black nose.

.....Police have the most stressful job in the world. Every day, the difference between ending up at home, or ending up at the morgue, could depend on a single decision. Usually they have only fractions of a second to make that decision....

If you want to do something to reduce the number of innocent people being shot by police, you need to do something to reduce the anxiety of the police.....
You know who has a more stressful job? Guys who defuse bombs. You know how they deal with that? They're carefully selected based on their personality traits, and they're very well trained.

I understand US cops operate in a stressful environment. Your dumbass laws have flooded the country with guns. They work on streets where just about any citizen could kill them at any time. How could the states reduce police shootings? Select cops more carefully, and train them better.

Minnesota cops like the one that killed Castile (and the Australian woman in her pyjamas) get sixteen weeks at the Academy. It takes a minimum of forty weeks to become a hairdresser. Go figure.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
.....BTW, where is all the public outcry for the 600 some non-blacks killed by police last year? Hardly ever hear a word about those. If that's not racism, I don't know what is.
Correct......you don't know what is. That's a problem, allow me to help you out.

Who do you expect to complain about the white Americans being killed by cops? African Americans?!! [sarcasm]They're too busy kneeling to be concerned about the sad and sorry plight of the white man [/sarcasm].

Where should the public outcry about the police shooting of whiteys in the USA come from? How about you American whiteys!! Why aren't you complaining? Could only be one of three reasons:
  • Stupidity
  • Ignorance
  • Indifference

Last edited:

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Correct......you don't know what is. That's a problem, allow me to help you out.

Who do you expect to complain about the white Americans being killed by cops? African Americans?!! [sarcasm]They're too busy kneeling to be concerned about the sad and sorry plight of the white man [/sarcasm].

Where should the public outcry about the police shooting of whiteys in the USA come from? How about you American whiteys!! Why aren't you complaining? Could only be one of three reasons:
  • Stupidity
  • Ignorance
  • Indifference
Lol, you're so biased the irony is wasted on you. If 'whiteys' only voiced concern about white killings you can be sure it would be labeled racist. But when blacks only voice concern about black killings, well, ...it's something else. Brought to you by the people who believe the problem is one sided.

Good luck changing the world with your illogical, irrational beliefs.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
....You know who has a more stressful job? Guys who defuse bombs. You know how they deal with that? They're carefully selected based on their personality traits, and they're very well trained.....
Get to work boys, the crazies have been unleashed.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
however, i was nice and respectful like i was taught to be and nothing bad happened to me.
When I was younger, I did as well...nothing ever happened to me either. But again, that is not what we are talking about. Why in the hell can't you keep up?

i'm unfamiliar what happened to castile
Of course you don't... you just jump in threads and make really bright statements without knowing what people are talking about...

also, there would be no crying reaction. "me and mine" don't waver too much. if i killed someone, my own mom would recommend the death penalty. we don't just look out for ourselves.
What is that in reference to?

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Your maturity level obviously extends to your ability for rational thought. You either jump on the bandwagon of your movement without educating yourself, or you ignore the actual facts. Right at the beginning of the police video, the officer states he pulled Castile over for having a tail light out.

According to the most recent statistics I could find, a police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be shot and killed by an armed black man, than an unarmed black man is to be shot and killed by the police.

Police have the most stressful job in the world. Every day, the difference between ending up at home, or ending up at the morgue, could depend on a single decision. Usually they have only fractions of a second to make that decision. I'm not trying to justify what happened in this case because I don't know all the facts. I'm only addressing the larger problem.

If you want to do something to reduce the number of innocent people being shot by police, you need to do something to reduce the anxiety of the police. As a society, we need to reject criminal activity, and criminal lifestyles, instead of glorifying and emulating them.

When police don't have to fear being killed at every traffic stop, we can get to the bottom of whether police killings are racially motivated or not.

BTW, where is all the public outcry for the 600 some non-blacks killed by police last year? Hardly ever hear a word about those. If that's not racism, I don't know what is.
You are talking about a "hit job" from the "secular conservative"? Yea, good try.

"Most recent stats you could find" my azz.... ha ha ha.... what a joke. Honestly, that was the most ridiculous thing I've read all week. Where do you get your stats? GAB?

The problem is you are not even trying to understand the thread or what "the other side" might be going through.

What a waste of typing... what is the point? That is why some things in America don't get better... we dig in and can't have an honest conversation about many things. It is not anything new though, always been like this.

But I'd rather be in America than a 3rd world country like Canada or Australia.

Last edited:

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
That is why some things in America don't get better... we dig in and can't have an honest conversation about many things. It is not anything new though, always been like this.

But I'd rather be in America than a 3rd world country like Canada or Australia.
And aren't you doing exactly that? Refusing to believe the stats I posted because they don't align with what the 'movement' says?

I'm not here to do your research for you, and yet even when I do you blindly refuse to accept it. FBI stats, BTW.

Take your emotions out of it, educate yourself on the facts, and accept that not everything you've heard, even from the people you trust the most, is true. Unless you are just interested in slinging blame. In that case, carry on.

At least we can agree on one thing. There is no other country I'd rather be in either, and I've been in a few.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
....But I'd rather be in America than a 3rd world country like Canada or Australia.
lol.

You're healthcare is totally shagged, your economy is screwed (compared to ours), you have a mass shooting every day, the "illegals" have overrun the place, half your population cant find a lousy $400, kids are wearing kevlar backpacks to school and a third of the population believe you'll have a civil war in the next five years.

The Grand Canyon is still nice though. You keep on truckin' :)

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
lol.

You're healthcare is totally shagged, your economy is screwed (compared to ours), you have a mass shooting every day, the "illegals" have overrun the place, half your population cant find a lousy $400, kids are wearing kevlar backpacks to school and a third of the population believe you'll have a civil war in the next five years.

The Grand Canyon is still nice though. You keep on truckin' :)
Yeah, but at least we have more sense than to eat Vegemite!

Sponsored

sicpuppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Challenger Hellcat
News travels far and fast.

Nice.

606b38a669a37397e34339c42f020bd9.jpg
This would never have been the issue it is if Trump had just stayed out of it. There would never have been a nation wide kneeling problem. Wouldn't be a Nike ad. Wouldn't have high school kids taking a knee or most anyone else for that matter. A few may have taken up the cause but not so after Trump made a national issue of it to feed his base. If Trump hadn't gotten involved this would me a non-story now.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
This would never have been the issue it is if Trump had just stayed out of it. There would never have been a nation wide kneeling problem. Wouldn't be a Nike ad. Wouldn't have high school kids taking a knee or most anyone else for that matter. A few may have taken up the cause but not so after Trump made a national issue of it to feed his base. If Trump hadn't gotten involved this would me a non-story now.
Trump told people kneeling was a problem. He needed to throw another hate grenade to amp up the base and keep the focus on himself for another few news cycles. Kaepernick was the perfect target because he was an under-performing black guy. Had Tom Brady kneeled for the same reason, Trump wouldn't have said a word.

The kneeling isn't the issue. The police violence against minorities is the issue. The kneeling is the spotlight on the police violence.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
The police violence against minorities is the issue. The kneeling is the spotlight on the police violence.
Out of 10 million arrests, https://www.statista.com/statistics...ests-for-all-offenses-in-the-us-since-1990/#0

Compared to https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ c.a. 1000 killings.

Gives a fatality rate of 0.01 %.
I'm fine with talking about police violence/killings, even of the occurence of racism. But the claim that police killings, especially of black men, are common is simply not true. The obvious solution to the problem "blacks are shot more frequently with regard to general population distribution compared to whites" is either shooting more whites, or having blacks reduce their rate of crime that leads to gunfire exchange.

By the numbers, more whites are killed by police than blacks.

Also, via a peer-reviewed study: https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/23/1/27

Consistent with our findings, simulation studies find police are no more likely to fire on unarmed blacks than unarmed whites, and high rates of black speeding citations per capita result from high violation rates. A systematic review identified 10 studies that found suspect race/ethnicity did not predict use of force or its escalation.

And:

The study also found that less than 1 percent of victims of police killings were unarmed. Across all racial groups, 65.3 percent of those killed possessed a firearm at the time of their death, 34% possessed a martial weapon.

Kaepernick derives his facts from social media and sensationalized news. The data simply do not support his conclusions that unarmed blacks are disproportionally killed by police in large numbers due to the color of their skin.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
And aren't you doing exactly that? Refusing to believe the stats I posted because they don't align with what the 'movement' says?

I'm not here to do your research for you, and yet even when I do you blindly refuse to accept it. FBI stats, BTW.

Take your emotions out of it, educate yourself on the facts, and accept that not everything you've heard, even from the people you trust the most, is true. Unless you are just interested in slinging blame. In that case, carry on.

At least we can agree on one thing. There is no other country I'd rather be in either, and I've been in a few.
Your post was dishonest and you know it; you can't back away from that BS.

I don't have a "movement"... nice try... name calling thing won't work here. Why would I know where you got that from if I'm not "educated"? I know a wide variety of stats...

No emotions in it.... nice try and typical refraction.

It is all about having a conversation and you are not even trying. None of your posts are trying. How about you take emotion and politics out of it and attempt to follow along and be honest....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.