Sponsored

When will the 2018 hood scoops be available?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Never said I have a faster car. I know my car is slower than modded cars. After all it only has a CIA and tune. Its called breaking you balls for deciding to call folks bitches. I happen to like some of the scoops on the s550s.
You completely missed the point my first post then. It doesnt matter if your faster or slower. Doesnt matter if you like scoops or dont like scoops. The point I was making is different strokes for different folks. Ever thread gets weighed down with BS. Instead of just answering the original question that was asked. NO IM NOT AWARE OF ANYONE MAKING THAT TYPE OF SCOOP FOR THE 18S. See simple.
Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I guess functionality is my litmus test. The new wing on the 18-19 PP1 cars is ridiculous, because it doesn't do anything. Side-scoops, hood-scoops, and other such stuff, looks really silly. Add in that it does nothing, and it's........even more silly.

But, yeah, DSFDF.
That can be said for any of the “styling” features on most cars.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
You completely missed the point my first post then. It doesnt matter if your faster or slower. Doesnt matter if you like scoops or dont like scoops. The point I was making is different strokes for different folks. Ever thread gets weighed down with BS. Instead of just answering the original question that was asked. NO IM NOT AWARE OF ANYONE MAKING THAT TYPE OF SCOOP FOR THE 18S. See simple.
Many of us cannot understand the proliferation of side scoops. It is DSFDF. I grew up when Mustangs had shaker hoods and numerous others. My 72' Comet GT had one on it and the first mod on my 13' was a Roush hood scoop.
The first DSFDF was 10 posts ago. Some people said scoops look silly and don't do anything. Obviously anything that involves looks is purely subjective, but a scoop that goes nowhere objectively does nothing (at least nothing good).

Anderson Composites makes one sort of similar. I would guess there are others around if you look. https://www.americanmuscle.com/anderson-composites-ram-air-hood-carbon-fiber-2018-gt-ecoboost.html

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I miss the 60's Corvette forum where I went to gain information on restoring my dad's '66 BB coupe. The old folks over there might be lazy, but they act much more grown up than some over here.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
OP that picture of the hood scoop looks like a Roush hood scoop for a 15-17’s. On Roush’s web site they don’t list one for a 18-19’s.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I guess functionality is my litmus test. The new wing on the 18-19 PP1 cars is ridiculous, because it doesn't do anything
Is that your last .... and final answer?

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
different strokes for different folks.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Considering that the 2018 OEM hood does not follow the same profile lines of the earlier year models, I would guess NEVER!!

But then I could never understand why someone would choose to add a aftermarket item that created wind resistance.
Exactly...just like the stick on side scoops?????

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I guess functionality is my litmus test. The new wing on the 18-19 PP1 cars is ridiculous, because it doesn't do anything. Side-scoops, hood-scoops, and other such stuff, looks really silly. Add in that it does nothing, and it's........even more silly.

But, yeah, DSFDF.
Yep...I’m guessing you don’t like breast implants either... fake for sure, useless!!
Actually... it’s about choices... period. Just don’t have to slam the guys and their mods if you don’t like them!! Be pretty boring if we all liked the same things!!!!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I miss the 60's Corvette forum where I went to gain information on restoring my dad's '66 BB coupe. The old folks over there might be lazy, but they act much more grown up than some over here.
I resemble that comment too

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yep...I’m guessing you don’t like breast implants either... fake for sure, useless!!
Actually... it’s about choices... period. Just don’t have to slam the guys and their mods if you don’t like them!! Be pretty boring if we all liked the same things!!!!
Well done breast implants are one of the best things on this planet! To quote Jack Black in Shallow Hal: "I can squeeze them that's real enough for me."

Whereas with stick on fake vents on cars - you can't squeeze them, so IMO they are a waste. To each his own, though.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

But, yeah, DSFDF.
Ford's website say the wing is a "Performance rear wing". That sort of implies it provides a little down force, or something. I don't know, but I do like the way it looks a lot compared to a blade style that really does nothing.
Sponsored