"Sun Tek " clear wrap?

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Anyone have experience with a clear wrap called Sun Tek?
Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Anyone have experience with a clear wrap called Sun Tek?
Have it installed on entire front bumper and hood. Installed for 18 months. I treat it just like it was paint and have had no issues.
I like how glossy it is. Nobody can tell anything is on the car. Just installed it on a new 2018 F150.
20180902_075407_resized.jpg
20180902_075407_resized.jpg

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Have most of my car covered with it. Been only a few mths, but no issues. With it though, it depends on the installer and how good of a job they do. Pairs real nice with ceramic coating on top.

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
I've had it on my hood, bumper, and mirror caps for a little over a year and a half (since April 2017) and it's been great. Very glossy with no noticeable orange peel. It's hard to see that I have the clear bra unless you look closely at the edges. My car is garaged, but I haven't noticed any fading or anything. It cleans very easily and I don't see any damage on it. The only problem I've had is some peeling on the bumper between the lower grille and fog lights where the bumper is very angled. I took it back to the installer and he re-applied it for free. Haven't had any problems since.

If I recall correctly, I have the SunTek Ultimate film on my car. I would recommend it, but I haven't had any experience with other films so I can't offer a comparison. It should come with a warranty from SunTek if installed by an approved installer, so I'd recommend checking with them beforehand to be sure.

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I recall correctly, I have the SunTek Ultimate film on my car. I would recommend it, but I haven't had any experience with other films so I can't offer a comparison. It should come with a warranty from SunTek if installed by an approved installer, so I'd recommend checking with them beforehand to be sure.
Warranty is correct from approved installer. 10 years for the ultimate and 5 for the standard. I went with the ultimate as it wasn't much more. Then again I got a custom cut full hood, and the installer upgraded at almost no additional cost for the extra work. For them it depends on how much of a roll they need to order. So I was told.
Sponsored