Sponsored

AC and heat intermittent

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I’ve noticed my heater set to 80 just doesn’t seem to be reaching that temp in the mornings. It feels just lukewarm to me. Taking the care on a roadteip this weekend i used the AC and noticed it was intermittently blowing cold air. The air was blowing the entire time but sometimes it was cold and sometimes it was kinda just meh... any clues here?
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Ahhhhhh the dreaded evaporator core. Time to visit the dealership for entire dash removal my friend.

I will say the intermittent heat issue is strange, maybe a thermostat ? The Ac stuff sounds like an evap core to me.

OP
OP

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Ahhhhhh the dreaded evaporator core. Time to visit the dealership for entire dash removal my friend.

I will say the intermittent heat issue is strange, maybe a thermostat ? The Ac stuff sounds like an evap core to me.
Entire dash removal? Great... just got my car back not two weeks ago after them having it for 2 months

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Also Some s550 cars have had problems with the HVAC blend door actuator. This can cause both hot and cold issues.

Don't be too concerned about the ac evap core fix of that is your problem. I had mine done and haven't had any problems. It only took about 2 days to repair . The dash in the GT350 comes out relatively easy from what the dealer told me.

Why was your car in service for 2 months ?

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
When set to auto the air and heat are supposed to intermittently blow warmer or cooler to keep the temp at your setting and the fan change speeds. My 16 I had and my 17 in summer regardless of what it says it will do if I set to auto the car blower will blow at different speeds but just not cool the car with cold air. But if for air conditioning if I leave it on auto and also turn on the button that says air it will immediately blow cold air and work perfectly on the air conditioning so I've always done that for the air conditioning.

OP
OP

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I had a plate between the clutch housing and engine rattle. It took forever for the part to get in.

Thanks and i understand how the auto feature works but i don’t use it. It has been off during the entirety of this issue.

Thank you for the video. About to grab an energy drink and watch it

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
So many mustangs have had there dashs out the dealers are getting good at it

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I am down again. Bringing car to dealer on Monday. This is the third time in three years. Seems like after winter and spring, it always fails. Getting real ridiculous now as summer is around the corner. Supposedly a TSB was issued last month. More to follow next week.

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Raptor, 2014 Ford Escape
I am down again. Bringing car to dealer on Monday. This is the third time in three years. Seems like after winter and spring, it always fails. Getting real ridiculous now as summer is around the corner. Supposedly a TSB was issued last month. More to follow next week.
Any update on this? I just noticed this happening on my 3016 GT350. I was wondering if my replacement of the ACM caused this but I’m doubting that now.
Sponsored