Sponsored

Help hardwiring dash cam

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
True that. Hey man give me some slack. I am kinda noob lol.

So am I man, keen to get this sorted. Really need a better idea of which fuses to use, think acc is ok but constant power is the issue.
Sponsored

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. So I initially used fuse 2 for yellow and 33 for red. The magic pro would be on (green light) even in the off position. Then I used the 2 for yellow and 23 for red and it worked. It was a tight fit with the fuse tapping things.

Anyways, now it works..I think. When I have the magic pro on the ON position it does not shuts off, don't know if this is the issue you guys are talking about, it just stays recording forever. So don't know if it's the camera's settings or sensitivity or what.

Now, when I turn off the magic pro then the camera only works when I turn on the car and shuts off when I shut off the car.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
OK. So I initially used fuse 2 for yellow and 33 for red. The magic pro would be on (green light) even in the off position. Then I used the 2 for yellow and 23 for red and it worked. It was a tight fit with the fuse tapping things.

Anyways, now it works..I think. When I have the magic pro on the ON position it does not shuts off, don't know if this is the issue you guys are talking about, it just stays recording forever. So don't know if it's the camera's settings or sensitivity or what.

Now, when I turn off the magic pro then the camera only works when I turn on the car and shuts off when I shut off the car.

I don't have a magic pro, thought that was a blackvue thing? The F750 has circuitry built into the cam which does the same as the magic pro?
I don't know if fuse 2 on USA & UK cars does different things, we don't have memory mirrors which is what fuse 2 is for. Couple of people have tried and we're getting the same issue, no power to the cam when the car is off.

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a magic pro, thought that was a blackvue thing?
Yeah, I have the blackview 2 channel. So basically the magic pro thing is hardwired to the fuse box. It has like a cigarette connection on its end so that's where you connect the actual camera.

I tried fuse 1 and 33 as well. Didn't work at all. No power don't know why.

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Reviving this thread to confirm that fuses in the passenger footwell area of the 2018 Mustang GT coupe are still relevant, I wired my dashcam power magic pro box in using #2 tapped as a 12v constant source and #36 as accessory power. I confirmed 12v power with a multimeter with the key off after the car sat for 10 minutes. I also confirmed 0v on #36 with the key off and 12v power present when the key is pushed on (prior to car starting.) Everything appears to be working properly. This is similar to what I did in my last car.

Hope this helps someone else!
Sponsored