OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yeah if it stays at the floor every time you press it; i wouldn't drive it because it could be a pressure plate or disk alignment issue and i don't know how that could affect the twin disk clutch

If it goes to the floor stays, and you can pull it back up and it works fine... maybe a little scratchy it could be corrosion on the input shaft or you just need to bleed the hydraulic clutch system.
In that case... i would drive it.

A *normal* throw out bearing failure is a rotational noise that happens only when you press the clutch in.
I do not think a disk can get misaligned once installed they are just on a shaft.

I think.. the pressure plate / hydraulics are what return the clutch pedal up.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Since I've never experienced it before. Can you drive it with the "clutch being stuck to the floor" by pulling it back yourself to the "normal" position using the toe of your foot or is it time to call the dealership for a ride? Even if that's possible, that's a lot of effort and unsafe driving
CRANKWALK

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
Out of curiosity and hopefully not to begin any paranoia that there may be an issue, sometimes maybe once or twice a month and note I almost drive this car every day of the month that when I disengage (clutch in) and drop the gear into first from 0 mph that it will kick the gear out. Is there any good reason that it does this? Did it mean that I was lazy and didn't put it into gear all the way through?
Happened to me 3-4 times when the car was new but hasn't happened since. I think it's just a matter of getting used to making sure it's firmly in gear.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Youd need a hell of a lot of crankwalk for that LOL. Sadly I know:(
Lol. That particular post reminded me of my 4G63T days with my 97 GST Eclipse. Biggest POS I've ever owned. That was damn near 20 years ago, damn time flys.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Air supposed to be a self bleeding system, also search for leaky clutch line to reservoir

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Black Stripes
Any luck confirming and fixing the issue? Hope you can make it at NJMP for the track day this weekend!

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Any luck confirming and fixing the issue? Hope you can make it at NJMP for the track day this weekend!
Dealer says its the transmission. I am supposed to get it back in time I will have to check tomorrow I am skeptical but hoping.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best of luck! Surprising that they need to swap the whole transmission, but at least you are getting a new one.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Best of luck! Surprising that they need to swap the whole transmission, but at least you are getting a new one.
Thanks they said I'll have it by the weekend hope it comes with a new clutch.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks they said I'll have it by the weekend hope it comes with a new clutch.
You would have to pay for a new clutch but maybe you should discuss that with the dealer. It would certainly be cheaper to replace the clutch when the transmission is already out of the car.

Arpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope you got her back for this weekend’s track event.

OP
OP
firestarter2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hope you got her back for this weekend’s track event.
I am not dealer says it may be a few weeks when I called today. Mind you they said earlier in the week the transmission was ordered, I don't know if it was rejected or what. Ford wants to inspection so my season will end with a whimper..
Sponsored