Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nothing will beat the segment dominator, and nothing has. Realistic expectations need to be upheld in a successful business. There's a very large market there, and with the brand name of the Bronco and the options that they're currently packaging, it will satisfy the majority and should be a hit if it's priced appropriately.
Key in bold.

They could easily undercut the competition's pricing and run away with the ball, but will they....
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nothing will beat the segment dominator, and nothing has. Realistic expectations need to be upheld in a successful business. There's a very large market there, and with the brand name of the Bronco and the options that they're currently packaging, it will satisfy the majority and should be a hit if it's priced appropriately.
There are definitely some people who want that type of vehicle that won't buy a Jeep. I can tell you I'm not planning to buy a Jeep. I kind of like them, but not enough to buy one.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Jeeps (Wranglers) aren't for everyone.

A good friend of mine has ridden in my '13 Sahara 2-door DD many times, and he doesn't get the attraction. To him, it rides too rough, too crude, too utilitarian, too many compromises. I love them because of those reasons plus they are so different from anything else, and this is my fourth.

As I've said in Bmac's thread on the Bronco, FCA has gotten too greedy with the new JL and has priced them beyond the reach of a lot of their core audience. I could pay the Jeep tax and get another in a few years, but I'd rather check out a Bronco and (hopefully) get a better vehicle for less. FCA's quality has been consistently bad for me, I only had my first JK for less than a year before the lemony taste became too much and I gave them one more shot; the second JK hasn't been flawless by any means. Fool me once....

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
@BmacIL any idea why they wouldn't want a ranger raptor for US? Seems to me that it would be a money making machine...Its really hard to see how that product gets a "no" and a 4 door mustang gets a "yes". Is the panamera shopper really going to cross shop mustang? Its unfortunate they seem to be wanting to be the knock-off brand and not THE product others chase. Raptor prices now are crazy....most dealers load them up because they know they sell....MSRP of 60-75k is the norm. Seems like that would leave plenty of room for a ranger version. Its dissapointing as a Ford guy to question these decisions. F150 raptor has been a smash hit, but not everyone can afford it, or have that size of vehicle ( i know they are close in some measurements). If they Eff up the Bronco, then they are really in trouble.
I would suggest that a 4-door Mustang is more of a Kia Stinger / BMW 4-Series Grand Coupe competitor than a Panamera competitor. At a decent price with decent (not necessarily GT) performance it would do well. Panamera is way out of their league in terms of content and price.

If you look at the normal Ranger that's going through launch now, you'll see how much it's been handicapped in terms of options to protect the F150. No regular cab option. Only 2.3L EB with 10 speed. It was done to compete with Colorado, but NOT to be a great mid-size truck. This is what you get when you half-ass a product. Comparable configurations of the Ranger are actually heavier than the F150, I kid you not (the alum body on the F150 makes a big difference). The Ranger Raptor is the same deal. Can't fit the engine that would be accepted in the US market (for now at least), so just don't bring it here.
Pretty much what we’re seeing, too. 2.7TT doesn’t look like it would package in Ranger without a huge front chassis tear-up. In other markets, the Raptor is a 4-cylinder diesel. Front engine compartment doesn’t seem like it’s capable of fitting a V engine with outboard turbos.
Sponsored