OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Water spot remover and some other materials on the way to support the new coating. I love this stuff... after washing, it's almost startling how much shine and depth the paint has now!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Growing to love this stuff more and more. I eventually realized that my expectations were too high re: hydrophobia when I watched a strange worm flapping around at the back of the car, which turned out to be a rope of water purging itself... never saw that before.

My water spots actually ended up washing off. I bought a special water spot removal product for ceramic coating but never even had to use it.

What I'm really digging, though, is the Optimum No-rinse wash. I just washed my friggin car in the garage! Granted, the car was not very dirty (not sure I would use it on serious grime), but nonetheless, I only used eight gallons of water and two ounces of product, and my car is spotlessly clean without even backing it out. I followed some tips to pre-soak with the diluted wash fluid. I actually washed my wheels, too, and it worked!

I also used Optimum Opti-Seal as a drying agent, which is supposed to help prevent the water spots.

Most importantly, the Gloss-Coat is easily the glossiest material I've used. When I come out the morning after a wash, the shine actually catches me off guard.
20180903_160037_resized.jpg
20180903_160111_resized.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
ONR's great, but doesn't sit well imo. Supposedly stills works the same, but loses the color tint and smells.

I use a LOT less water than you though, about 2-3 gallons and its good for 1-2 washes.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
ONR's great, but doesn't sit well imo. Supposedly stills works the same, but loses the color tint and smells.
You mean it spoils?
I use a LOT less water than you though, about 2-3 gallons and its good for 1-2 washes.
I'm not really looking to save water, but my normal method requires 16 gallons in buckets + untold gallons of rinse water from the hose. I use the two-bucket method, and I don't use wheel water after the wheels are done, so that doubles it. Grit guards take up the first gallon, so a minimum of two per bucket are needed. I would never save wash water for another use unless I was doing cars back to back (which almost never happens).

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just use ONR and a bunch of microfibers instead maybe? I use about 4 clothes folded that I soak in the bucket. Never put a cloth back in once it touches the car.

edit » and yes, spoils

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Interesting approach. Maybe I'll try that!

Although if it spoils, sounds like saving it won't get me anywhere, anyway.

XPystchrisX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I did Gloss-Coat about 13 months ago and it's still going strong. About six months ago I started using ONR, the green one, and it's really changed the way the car looks. My typical wash is foam cannon with Optimum soap, then ONR with a microfiber wash mitt. The wheels get power-clean dilluted 5:1 with water. Then I dry off with a blower and Opti-Seal. I do this once every one to three weeks. The water still flows off and no water spots have been resident from what I can tell. The car looks great for all of that time and the time it takes to wash/protect the car is about half of what I did with previous products from Megs.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Good to know. I'm always a little skeptical about durability claims.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I tried the series of microfiber towels and reduced my usage to ~1/2 gallon, including wheels and tailpipes! I need to get some new towels that are lighter in color so I can be sure I'm not reusing a section.

XPystchrisX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For ONR use I've been using the MF towels available at Costco. You can get 36 of them for $15. Not the highest quality towels but they do the job for water-less wash. They're also cheap enough to be "disposable" though i hate that word. As well they are yellow and show dirt really well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
The biggest worry now is whether swirls will develop. Seems too good to be true.

XPystchrisX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My wife's Mazda 6 has become my test car. :cwl:

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
This weekend, I ran the car through a no-touch car wash to blast the undercarriage after a snow. When I washed it for real the next day, I was horrified to discover some sort of chemical damage, like water spots. They would not wash off! However, by lunch time today, they were gone. It seems this coating has some self-healing properties. This is the third time this has happened (the first time was spots from sitting in the rain, and the other one was light scratches that I believe came from a large bird hopping around on the trunk lid).
Sponsored