Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Does everyone remember the first time you asked a girl out on a date? All the self-talk and planning that went through your head before you worked up the courage to ask that question? All the angst you felt about what the response would be? You finally say what the hell, take the chance, and the next thing you know it is make out time after prom. In a roundabout way this was the story of how I started my relationship with the Ford Performance Racing School (FPRS). Instead of a hot chick trying to put one ring on it, I was looking to get 4 wheels bolted up to a set of 15.5 inch Brembos. Nevertheless, that is the story of how I came to the good fortune of working FPRS. Took a chance, followed through on a promise, and now living the dream.

It has been a little over a week since the Signature Wheel / FPRS private track day at Thunderhill raceway ended. This was my first time seeing two of the three cars we worked with FPRS on in person. The FP350S and one of two GT350R’s. I am still going over all that happened at the event, and really enjoying seeing some of the photographs people took. I am very proud of the fact we had another safe event, but as the organizer I spent most of time ensuring the event ran smooth. My biggest regret from the event was not being able to spend more time with all the attendees and their vehicles. There was so much to see and take in that I wish we had two full days to enjoy it.

I did not get to take many photos, but the few I did snap were of the cars that FPRS brought out that day. FPRS trailered the cards from Utah to conduct some testing of the FP350S. They will be campaigning that car at the USAF NASA 25hour race at Thunderhill at the end of November. I had high hopes of driving the FP350S, but I knew that was a pipe dream. Both cars are running our Signature Wheel Track Series SV502 and sport some impressive livery from the school. All the graphics were done by Falcon Graphics, who also does the work for all the other owner program cars. Getting close on the FP350S you will notice the stripes/livery are done in a carbon fiber. Pretty slick how they included the metallic red accents too. The level of adjustability on the FP350S is just amazing, and the speed out of the box will take you back to the future. I couldn’t believe how many times the car was up in the air after each session for additional tweaking. Both cars are mostly as ford made them, and here are some pictures to enjoy.

FPRS FP350S
SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_11.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_9.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_8.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_7.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_4.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_1.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_3.jpg

SV502_FP350_S_FPRS_2.jpg

FPRS GT350R
SV502_GT350_R_Thunderhill_FPRS_2.jpg

SV502_GT350_R_Thunderhill_FPRS_1.jpg

SV502_GT350_R_Thunderhill_2_of_2.jpg

SV502_GT350_R_Thunderhill_1_of_2.jpg

SV502_GT350_R_Thunder_Hill_1.jpg

SV502_GT350_R_Thunder_Hill_2.jpg

On track photography by Robert Gluckman, static shots by me.
Sponsored

Stunt1o1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Altima - daily
Man, I love the look of these cars. How much to attend the FPRS? I bought my car used and I didn’t get the free racing package.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Man, I love the look of these cars. How much to attend the FPRS? I bought my car used and I didn’t get the free racing package.
I don’t think you can attend without being part of the new owner program. Best bet is to call and ask. Might just have to do the school in the mustang GT

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Gorgeous.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Great work and great photos once again Terrence! If I weren't so damn far away, I would have loved to see your event and meet you in person. Keep up the great work and I'm still saving up for a set of your wheels.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Great work and great photos once again Terrence! If I weren't so damn far away, I would have loved to see your event and meet you in person. Keep up the great work and I'm still saving up for a set of your wheels.
Thanks E. We will have some more next year, and I am sure our paths will cross soon

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Thanks man. Been working on my photography and editing. Soon to invest in a new lens
I’m a professional automotive magazine photographer, your lenses are everything.

But after you get the lenses it’s learning how to get the best out of those lenses and what situation they are best used in.

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
Is there any information on these cars and how they differ from the standard gt350 or gt350R? I'd be interested to know what the differences are beyond the obvious visual ones.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sooo when are you arranging the track day at Utah Motorsports Campus? That’s like 5 minutes from my house. I can for sure make that one :)

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I’m a professional automotive magazine photographer, your lenses are everything.

But after you get the lenses it’s learning how to get the best out of those lenses and what situation they are best used in.
Dude... why haven't we met? I just ordered a 35mm fixed prime lens to start playing around with. I find myself all around the state these days. Send me a PM with your info if you would like to get together sometime and shoot some cars. Want to see that LFG too.
Is there any information on these cars and how they differ from the standard gt350 or gt350R? I'd be interested to know what the differences are beyond the obvious visual ones.
The FP350S is mostly "stock". Ford Performance did a press release on it, and if you look at the Ford Performance website you can look this car up by part number to see all the mods. The GT350R has some very basic upgrades. Roll cage, some ARP studs, and weight reduction. Otherwise it is a ready to rock OEM car.
Sooo when are you arranging the track day at Utah Motorsports Campus? That’s like 5 minutes from my house. I can for sure make that one :)
Dude, the same thought crossed my mind. I know Dan and those guys would love to have us on their home track for more of an HPDE event, or Track Attack Part II
If Ford made a GT350 in automatic I'd be buying one tomorrow.
Sounds like your prayers will be answered with the GT500. The A10 is coming as an option
Sponsored