Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
why couldnt they start on the next gen.FORD GT?There are car brand making a very small number of cars that cost over a million,and they are all spoken for.So you think if FORD did another GT,and said here is 1500hp with a v8,but its gonna cost you 1.5 million people wont buy it?the V8s that are missing are missing from the FORD cars.
You're off by about $600,000 there, killer. Also, it takes A LOT more to put out a 1500hp production car than simply "slap a V8 in it and be done"

:muscle:
My bad,i didnt know the rattlelac v series was dead.As far as the fat cat goes i thought it was selling ok,maybe not.I like the Raptor,thats the baddest truck out,it needs a V8 in it along with the v6.I think the GT500 will be king of its class when it comes out.Why a next gen FORD GT you ask?because what is going on with the current FORD GT shows if you build them ,people will buy them.They are gonna do an extra 300 or so more now.That says alot.
charger sales aren't terrible for the segment, but sedan sales as a whole are declining. That's why Ford stopped making cars altogether, Cadillac axed all of their cars except for the big boy, and Chevy is probably next to the plate. Why does the raptor need a V8? The V6 already GREATLY outperforms the previous gen V8 truck. And Ford doesn't need a GT. It's not a large market, it's a market that they end up losing money on. As it has been said, it took us 11 years to get a sequel to the last GT, which itself came 40 years after its predecessor. Those cars only come for Ford celebrations... first gen was a 100th birthday present to Ford, second one was 50th anniversary of winning Le Mans. Our next chance will probably be either the 150th birthday or 75th anniversary of Le Mans. Hell, by then, it'll probably be a full EV
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Alot of writing on your part, and you still don't get it. 2012 GT500 came, then the very next year the 2013 GT500 came with the 5.8.common sense tells me, they had been working on the 5.8 already.
I finally got it with your most recent explanation and it all makes sense now.

Hope this shorter response meets with your approval.

:)

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
You're off by about $600,000 there, killer. Also, it takes A LOT more to put out a 1500hp production car than simply "slap a V8 in it and be done"

charger sales aren't terrible for the segment, but sedan sales as a whole are declining. That's why Ford stopped making cars altogether, Cadillac axed all of their cars except for the big boy, and Chevy is probably next to the plate. Why does the raptor need a V8? The V6 already GREATLY outperforms the previous gen V8 truck. And Ford doesn't need a GT. It's not a large market, it's a market that they end up losing money on. As it has been said, it took us 11 years to get a sequel to the last GT, which itself came 40 years after its predecessor. Those cars only come for Ford celebrations... first gen was a 100th birthday present to Ford, second one was 50th anniversary of winning Le Mans. Our next chance will probably be either the 150th birthday or 75th anniversary of Le Mans. Hell, by then, it'll probably be a full EV
I gave 1500hp simply as an example.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It costs Ford more to have a GT built than they cost to buy.

It's a marketing/engineering exercise.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Ford still needs to have an extreme car to push the performance envelop and be an example of what their engineers are capable of and can demonstrate how their engineers can be very innovative. I would not be surprised to hear the Ford engineers are already thinking about what a Ford GT needs to be for the future. They probably are looking at putting a really small and light weight twin turbo V8 in it.

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Ford still needs to have an extreme car to push the performance envelop and be an example of what their engineers are capable of and can demonstrate how their engineers can be very innovative. I would not be surprised to hear the Ford engineers are already thinking about what a Ford GT needs to be for the future. They probably are looking at putting a really small and light weight twin turbo V8 in it.
Smart man. That's all I have been saying. :clap:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, they don't NEED it. They went 11 years without having a GT and in that time made the Coyote, the world's most powerful production V8, the first Pony Car to top 200mph, The Boss 302, The GT350, etc.
They've had plenty of excellent feats of engineering without the GT. The ONLY reason they "Needed" the GT was because they wanted to take the win at Le Mans for the 50th anniversary, but didn't feel like the mustang could achieve that

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, they don't NEED it. They went 11 years without having a GT and in that time made the Coyote, the world's most powerful production V8, the first Pony Car to top 200mph, The Boss 302, The GT350, etc.
They've had plenty of excellent feats of engineering without the GT. The ONLY reason they "Needed" the GT was because they wanted to take the win at Le Mans for the 50th anniversary, but didn't feel like the mustang could achieve that
Agreed 100%. I like to see most of Ford's high effort engineering projects be part of Mustang - mere mortals have a possibility of owning one.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed 100%. I like to see most of Ford's high effort engineering projects be part of Mustang - mere mortals have a possibility of owning one.
I really wish Ford would've put in the work to get the Mustang to Le Mans. Think about a Mustang with that variable ride height pushrod suspension! You can't tell me that a Mustang has no chance of being competitive in a class against a BMW 8 series

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just curious where you heard the information that Ford is probably looking a developing a twin turbo V8 in a third generation or is this just pure speculation on your part?

Hard to imagine that Ford would develop and install a 330 CI blown engine for the 1st generation Ford GT and then develop and install a 213 CI twin turbo in the 2nd generation Ford GT and now you are suggesting that Ford is going back and developing and installing another V8 again for a 3rd generation Ford GT.

Ford has no current reason to develop a new Ford GT after winning the GTE Pro class in June 2016 especially after being away from Le Mans for 50 years let alone developing a new TT V8 engine for this supercar and knowing the exorbitant amount of money that it takes to develop a brand new car/powertrain and the way that Ford is presently looking to control costs, improve profitability and increase share value for the investors.

Last edited:

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
From the same guy that stated that "porsche is junk".

Even for a "true Ford guy" that is hilarious.
Your the joke here. When you know mechanics that work on certain cars and you see for yourself, then get back to me hilarious one.

Status
Not open for further replies.