EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Japanese owned companies.

Toyota/Honda/Mazda

Even the US built ones are higher quality due to more strict quality control. It's been like this for years.
Really how many frames has Toyota replaced on there trucks because rust completely out. The first time around Toyota gave the owners a new truck but this time around Toyota is just replacing frames. A friend of mine had the frame replaced on his Tacoma it took six months and he's still taking it back because the dealer F'ed up the job.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
That's funny
I've had plenty of issues with my Toyotas.
they have their own known issues.
Mazda? Really
I've owned several Toyotas, a couple Hondas, a couple BMWs, a Ford or two and the odd Nissan. I have NEVER (ever) had a major mechanical problem on my Toyota/Hondas, well past 100K. Even minor issues have been rare. Cosmetically, the panel gaps and final finish on a cheap Toyota is pretty much the same as it is on a Lexus. Sure the materiels are not as nice, but it's put together as well as it can be. Everything fits and works. Sure that's anecdotal, but the stats say my experience is not unusual.

My Nissan experience, not so good. Engine blew up, but it was at almost 200K. The BMWs engines ran great (still does for one) but the cosmetics and minor stuff really starts falling apart after 100K, far worse than the Japanese cars at 150K.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Pride = one of the seven deadly sins.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Ford slogans and tv ads seem to have a long history of being weak.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford slogans and tv ads seem to have a long history of being weak.

As long as its not a internet only ad campaign I think it'll be a good one

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I'm not talking about Infotainment issues. That's a separate issue each of them run into. I'm looking at strictly mechanical related issues. Hell, I had to have Ford fix my passenger door on my Mustang because it was rubbing the front quarter on the passenger side. How do you miss something like that in QA?

Not a single issue with any Japanese car I've bought. Do I hate my Mustang? Not at all, but the reality is American cars still have poor QA.
My 2008 Honda Civic Si had the same problem with the passenger door. It’s all manufactures.
Sponsored