Why is FORD'S stock at $8 per share?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of profit margins can someone explain to me why in the flying hell mustangs are 50k, loaded pickups are 60k, and good luck touching a loaded fullsize SUV for under 70k Escalade or Navigator Pftt best show up with 80k + every single one I just is easily 10k over priced.

I cant wait for the automakers to go bust again and start begging for a taxpayer funded rebuild.

Hell Im still waiting on my letter from GM and Dodge that simply says "Thank you taxpayer" !!
Because people will buy them.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed and agree.
I would not personally buy a $60k truck, but they are damn nice vehicles to live with. I can completely understand why someone who can afford one would have one, and are similarly nice to many luxury cars in that price range.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
@BmacIL any idea why they wouldn't want a ranger raptor for US? Seems to me that it would be a money making machine...Its really hard to see how that product gets a "no" and a 4 door mustang gets a "yes". Is the panamera shopper really going to cross shop mustang? Its unfortunate they seem to be wanting to be the knock-off brand and not THE product others chase. Raptor prices now are crazy....most dealers load them up because they know they sell....MSRP of 60-75k is the norm. Seems like that would leave plenty of room for a ranger version. Its dissapointing as a Ford guy to question these decisions. F150 raptor has been a smash hit, but not everyone can afford it, or have that size of vehicle ( i know they are close in some measurements). If they Eff up the Bronco, then they are really in trouble.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
It's actually pretty simple. Lack of vision and lack of execution of all the bologna being spewed. What does the corktown office and train station mean to prospective investors? Jack sh!t. They are planning on hybridizing and full electrifying everything without thinking about why and if it'll sell well. They're getting rid of low margin cars for potentially significantly negative margin hybrid crossovers, SUVs and trucks, thinking people will buy these far more expensive options over their competitors cars when gas prices shoot up. It's ludicrous.
Also, no one in charge of key, higher margin products (cough Bronco) understands what the hell the product should be, and how to make them actually sell for high margins. They take no risks, always playing it safe and just thoughts and prayers-ing their way to new vehicles. They took risks with the '15 F150 and Mustang, but honestly it's been a slow slide back to irrelevance with Fields and Hackett in charge. The aforementioned products were both conceived and nearly done being launched with Mulally still at the helm.

It's tough to watch and to hear about from those inside, especially when you know what the Mulally age was like.
I agree with just about everything here.

But what I took out of this is the Bronco. Is there trouble behind the scenes of what the Bronco should be?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
@BmacIL any idea why they wouldn't want a ranger raptor for US? Seems to me that it would be a money making machine...Its really hard to see how that product gets a "no" and a 4 door mustang gets a "yes". Is the panamera shopper really going to cross shop mustang? Its unfortunate they seem to be wanting to be the knock-off brand and not THE product others chase. Raptor prices now are crazy....most dealers load them up because they know they sell....MSRP of 60-75k is the norm. Seems like that would leave plenty of room for a ranger version. Its dissapointing as a Ford guy to question these decisions. F150 raptor has been a smash hit, but not everyone can afford it, or have that size of vehicle ( i know they are close in some measurements). If they Eff up the Bronco, then they are really in trouble.
If you look at the normal Ranger that's going through launch now, you'll see how much it's been handicapped in terms of options to protect the F150. No regular cab option. Only 2.3L EB with 10 speed. It was done to compete with Colorado, but NOT to be a great mid-size truck. This is what you get when you half-ass a product. Comparable configurations of the Ranger are actually heavier than the F150, I kid you not (the alum body on the F150 makes a big difference). The Ranger Raptor is the same deal. Can't fit the engine that would be accepted in the US market (for now at least), so just don't bring it here.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with just about everything here.

But what I took out of this is the Bronco. Is there trouble behind the scenes of what the Bronco should be?
The leadership team in charge of the Bronco has no idea what they're doing.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
If you look at the normal Ranger that's going through launch now, you'll see how much it's been handicapped in terms of options to protect the F150. No regular cab option. Only 2.3L EB with 10 speed. It was done to compete with Colorado, but NOT to be a great mid-size truck. This is what you get when you half-ass a product. Comparable configurations of the Ranger are actually heavier than the F150, I kid you not (the alum body on the F150 makes a big difference). The Ranger Raptor is the same deal. Can't fit the engine that would be accepted in the US market (for now at least), so just don't bring it here.
The leadership team in charge of the Bronco has no idea what they're doing.
wow. just wow. Thanks for the reply.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Then I don't understand what you dislike.
You can't beat the segment dominator without having significant and meaningful differentiation. They don't have it. They have parity or slight advantages, and nothing that truly separates it. It's not going to be a bad vehicle at all, but it also won't be what it needs to be. My opinion, but it's shared by many.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You can't beat the segment dominator without having significant and meaningful differentiation. They don't have it. They have parity or slight advantages, and nothing that truly separates it. It's not going to be a bad vehicle at all, but it also won't be what it needs to be. My opinion, but it's shared by many.
Segment dominator....I think you mean 'sole segment inhabitant'.

As I said in your thread on the topic, they need to nail this thing. They're already about a year or two late to the party.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Nothing will beat the segment dominator, and nothing has. Realistic expectations need to be upheld in a successful business. There's a very large market there, and with the brand name of the Bronco and the options that they're currently packaging, it will satisfy the majority and should be a hit if it's priced appropriately.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing will beat the segment dominator, and nothing has. Realistic expectations need to be upheld in a successful business. There's a very large market there, and with the brand name of the Bronco and the options that they're currently packaging, it will satisfy the majority and should be a hit if it's priced appropriately.
Time will tell. For Ford's sake, I hope you're right.
Sponsored