Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Billyocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red PP GT
My car is bagged and I’m thinking of going with this kit and selling my procharger but I’m just worried about clearance. Killer write up and thank you for all the detailed pics!

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I’m also hanging on the thread for some updates and if you can answer, do the turbos hang lower than the frame / are they the lowest hanging component under the vehicle now?

Also do you lose the ability to have your plastic splash guard under the vehicle?

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
My car is bagged and I’m thinking of going with this kit and selling my procharger but I’m just worried about clearance. Killer write up and thank you for all the detailed pics!
I dunno how it would work with bags, i guess just depends on how tall your wheel and tire setup is and how low you drive around haha. The lowest point is the oil drain reservoir and it sits behind the stock oil pan and about 3-4" lower than it.

I’m also hanging on the thread for some updates and if you can answer, do the turbos hang lower than the frame / are they the lowest hanging component under the vehicle now?

Also do you lose the ability to have your plastic splash guard under the vehicle?
The turbos sit higher than frame rails, the oil drain reservoir that the turbos drain into sits slightly lower than them and it is right behind the pan bolted to the transmission. It sits about 3-4" lower than the oil pan and is the lowest part. You can keep your plastic splash guard, that is way farther forward under the front bumper area.

Small update: I received a base tune from Rob last week and loaded it and the car started right up and ran super solid. I checked everything out and made a few wot hits on the street just on waste gate pressure. The car is feeling very fast already on just 8 psi right now, must be that extra torque :wink:. So i headed to the dyno to finish up the tuning but ran into a few snags there. Currently i still have Comp stage 3 cams in my car that were designed for max effort naturally aspirated which i had ran with my CJ setup originally making 515hp NA and then with my procharger setup when i hit 900 however since the turbos are ran off exhaust and do cause some back pressure the higher lift of the cams didn't want to play nice with the extra pressure on stock valve springs and i started getting some float up in the higher rpms. We decided not to go any further until i swap out the cams which i was kind of planing to do anyways but wanted to try them out first and see what would happen with the turbos. So next week i should be just swapping back to stock cams and adding Pac 1234X valve springs just for good measure. The stock cams and this setup are pretty proven so i don't see any issues once i get that done, just ready to get it all finalized soon and enjoy the new setup! Did make 660hp and 580tq on just 8 psi falling flat at 6k rpms though so once it turned up it should be a beast.

4fmg6o.jpg

3zEta4.jpg

8r0FOQ.jpg

I87yq5.jpg

exUnaK.jpg

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to post the final results. I was able to get stock cams re-installed and along with some PAC 1234X springs for good measure because i was already there.

Hit the dyno this past Friday and made 1032hp on 16 psi. The car was loving it and probably could have turned it up a little more but i was feeling very anxious on every pull to say the least haha. Anyways more than happy and hit my goal of 1k hp on stock motor and car feels crazy fast. Hellion in my opinion has made an awesome kit and would recommend it to anyone that wants to boost their S550:muscle:

Special Thanks to Jeff at Hellhorse performance for the support on parts and Rob from PBD for the excellent tuning.

GsoNpm.png

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Looks like a solid run at 16psi. Just an FYI but I smoked my stock block at 18.5psi as I melted one piston and cracked another one. LOL

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a solid run at 16psi. Just an FYI but I smoked my stock block at 18.5psi as I melted one piston and cracked another one. LOL
Thank you and dually noted, probably going to live around 12 psi most of the time.

@NightParade Amazing numbers! I'm assuming e85?
Yep on E-85 with Fore twin pump fuel system.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you and dually noted, probably going to live around 12 psi most of the time.

Yep on E-85 with Fore twin pump fuel system.

Great Results!!! Glad we could be a part of the project!

Team Hellion

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Awesome info here.

Would you mind sharing your dyno curve for the valve float. My turbo car has a weird dip at 6,500rpm which I’m wondering if it is also valve float

Was it easy to swap the valve springs? I’m assuming without removing the heads.

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome info here.

Would you mind sharing your dyno curve for the valve float. My turbo car has a weird dip at 6,500rpm which I’m wondering if it is also valve float

Was it easy to swap the valve springs? I’m assuming without removing the heads.
It's a pretty big job to replace the valve springs as you need to pull the front cover, then valve covers, and the cams will need to come out too. When I did my valve springs I put in ARP head studs as they are easy to install at that time. Besides my heads started to life with 17psi of Whipple boost.

DTeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT
How do you like the feel of twins vs the Whipple?

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the feel of twins vs the Whipple?
The Gen 2 Whipple was a fantastic supercharger and I don’t regret using it. It was quite fun having that instant hit of torque at any rpm.
That being said turbos sure hit much harder and have a lot better mid and high end pull. It’s so convenient using an electronic boost controller so I can run 93 octane if I need to and then e85 when I want to crank up the boost. All it takes is a couple mins to switch the tune over.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@NightParade Thank you for sharing these pictures, very helpful! I was just looking through the pictures and had a few questions. Where do the turbo oil feed lines source the oil from? Does the oil drain tank need to be removed for oil changes? It looks like it may be in the way of the oil pan drain plug. Thx again!

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@NightParade Thank you for sharing these pictures, very helpful! I was just looking through the pictures and had a few questions. Where do the turbo oil feed lines source the oil from? Does the oil drain tank need to be removed for oil changes? It looks like it may be in the way of the oil pan drain plug. Thx again!
Hey, glad they were helpful for you. The oil feed comes from the oil pressure sensor location. You just take the sensor out and thread in a Y fitting supplied and the sensor goes back on it and then the feed line for the turbos. There is no issue with changing the oil or getting to the drain plug, the tank can stay in place and doesn't get it the way.
Sponsored