Any easy mods for torque

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Data or gtfo with that. No data was presented there, only a marketing anecdote. To be believable, throttle actual opening over time curves from a car need to be plotted. The TB opening curve is PCM controlled and the device isn't changing anything in the calibration. Talk to any respected tuner and they will confirm that.
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Maybe OP is running 87 octane .

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I don't think so..the facts are there..there's electronic circuitry in the wire pigtail..the throttle comes on instantly..even if you are already tuned there is still benefit to be had.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Data or gtfo with that. No data was presented there, only a marketing anecdote. To be believable, throttle actual opening over time curves from a car need to be plotted. The TB opening curve is PCM controlled and the device isn't changing anything in the calibration. Talk to any respected tuner and they will confirm that.
This. I trust a vehicle engineer over marketing anecdotes.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The advice in this thread is all over the map. Drive shaft and suspension???? You gotta make more torque at the engine. Tune makes sense. Headers make sense. Supercharging makes a lot of sense. Hell if you want torque. Throw a truck intake on there. But then say goodbye to your top end horsepower. So go with header, E85 tune and put some tires on the bitch so your not spinning.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
The advice in this thread is all over the map. Drive shaft and suspension???? You gotta make more torque at the engine. Tune makes sense. Headers make sense. Supercharging makes a lot of sense. Hell if you want torque. Throw a truck intake on there. But then say goodbye to your top end horsepower. So go with header, E85 tune and put some tires on the bitch so your not spinning.
????
You need to fit a few more question marks in there.
Reducing rotating mass and stiffing up the IRS isn't an option ?
Just throw more power at it and forget the rest is a fools errand.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
The only fake news going on .

American muscle has torque for cheap .. order today to get hooked on the parts train of never ending grief guarantied to empty yer wallet and free videos to help you stay in the know of all the juiciest fiction to set yer car free to blow smoke and shred tyres . All of the name brands from garbage to horse shit .
Now if you read this tail and believe the hype you are hooked like a fiend and you'll always come back to explore the many offerings disguised to fool you with our many tricks of the trade ..................

Last edited:
OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I didn't forget my password, the car doesn't need better tires it has SC2's, the car isn't running 87, but there are a lot better drivers out there then me.

I suppose a tune and intake are the best first step. The throttle response seems laggy and unless you rev this motor out it doesn't seem that fast. The closer you get to 4k RPM the better it goes however I haven't gone pass 4k due to break in.

Perhaps I should just wait for the 2019 Performance Packs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't forget my password, the car doesn't need better tires it has SC2's, the car isn't running 87, but there are a lot better drivers out there then me.

I suppose a tune and intake are the best first step. The throttle response seems laggy and unless you rev this motor out it doesn't seem that fast. The closer you get to 4k RPM the better it goes however I haven't gone pass 4k due to break in.

Perhaps I should just wait for the 2019 Performance Packs.
A tune would help a lot. Absolutely no lag here. Any slight change in pedal results in an instant response. Increasing the torque from that response is a different matter.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
I haven't gone pass 4k due to break in.

Break in...OPPS! I forgot and opened her up with 400km's + took her to the strip with 800km's.She must have liked it cuz she gave me a couple of 11.78's stock on street tires,so I went back at 1100km's with some drag radials and voila she rewarded me with an 11.49 @ 121mph.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
For torque a tune, headers and E85 is a great start.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
A custom tune for E85 or Flex fuel will make a huge difference over what you're running now. Add some longtube headers into the mix and that's about the best combo you can run until you add a blower/turbo into the mix.

We've got E85 tunes from the top 4 calibrators in the industry all under one roof and also have some sick deals on headers such as Pypes and Texas Speed which are all in stock.

Checkout the results we got on our 2018.
GM_numbers1_zpsugae6rp4.jpg

Custom Tuning from The Tune Shop!!
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/the-tune-shop-at-lethal-performance

warehouses1_new.jpg

Texas Speed Headers
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ote/exhaust/headers-1/long-tube-1/texas-speed
5293.jpg

Pypes Longtube Headers
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...gt-coyote/exhaust/headers-1/long-tube-1/pypes
hdr79sk-2-2018-mustang-5-0l-py_5bff1f36.jpg

OP
OP

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
The E85 tune stuff is great but I live almost a hour away from the closet station that has it.
Sponsored