Sponsored

Radiators: PP vs Fluidyne vs DeWitt vs...

Which radiator

• Total voters

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Only reason Mishimoto is not on this list is because I have ordered a radiator from two sources and both sources the radiator arrived damaged. Currently Mishimoto is completely out of stock with no ETA when their stock will be replenished. Sooooo...

The end use is HPDE with 25 to 30 minute sessions a few times a year and maybe auto-x. Summers here get really hot (over 100F) though I doubt I will be doing any events in those temperatures. Winters rarely get down to freezing temps but I do plan on running antifreeze/water mixture. The car is a base GT and will very likely stay NA for a very long time so pretty much anything is an improvement at this point. Cost wise, most of them line up with each other when you take tax and shipping costs into account. So far I have only seen aftermarket designs specific to our cars from Mishimoto, Fluidyne, and DeWitts. I do not have any specs for the PP radiator so I honestly have no idea if the claims are valid or not.

Just to clear, I realize that the PP is enough for a good portion of the track guys. In no way am I saying I need more than what the PP has to offer. Though right now, what I have is insufficient and I'm looking to upgrade. If there are improvements that help in a small way that wouldn't justify ripping out your PP radiator but would be an improvement for someone who is upgrading, that is the sort of feedback I'm looking for.

https://www.fluidyne.com/product-page/fhp30x-15mu-15-17-mustang-radiator
https://www.dewitts.com/collections/mustang-radiators/products/2015-2018-mustang
Sponsored

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Bump for additional votes and feedback

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Necrobump, but adding relevant info since there doesn’t seem to be a lot available out in the wild, outside of the dimensions, 3-pass vs 1-pass, and 30% more fluid capacity “over the stock unit”. It’s that last statement I wanted clarity on - Base GT or PP? I spoke with Fluidyne and they stated the following:

Our radiator design for the 2015+ Mustang was originally developed to be an upgrade to the Peformance Pack radiator. We do have data from testing but nothing we share with the public due to the proprietary information. Our performance is gained in the development of the air fin and tube design more than just the size.

Needless to say, they have my order now! Hopefully this clears up any future confusion for those searching for more info on this radiator.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I have a brand new in the box from Ford PP radiator for sale $300 shipped anywhere in the USA.
Sponsored