Sponsored

Sold my Porsche - GT Premium Order Placed 10/18

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Got back to the U.S.A. from Germany three weeks ago. Drove a 2018 Porsche 911 Carerra 4 for two weeks with Autobahn Adventures. Super cool experience. Came home dead-set on ordering a new 911. Sold my 2007 911 first week back. After much heartburn and BS from Porsche dealers who wouldn’t budge on a $135,000 MSRP, I decided to test drive a 2019 Mustang GT. LOVED IT. Placed my factory order on October 18th. Went though Costco and got It for $1100 below invoice plus $1000 customer cash rebate. No BS, in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. So far very pleased with the process and can’t wait to have a true American sports car in my garage all at $85k less than what I was going to spend on the new Porsche. Here’s my Order:
GT Premium 401A
GT Performance Pack 1
6 Speed Manual
Active Exhaust
B&O Sound
Safe and Smart
Nickel Painted 19” wheel upgrade
MagneRide

Essentially, I wanted a Bullitt but didn’t want green or black. Also do not like the Bullitt wheels. So this build is about as close as you can get. Will plan on upgrading the intake and flash the ECU to 93 Octane which should put this one on par with the Bullitt.

I had a 1985 Mustang back in school. This new 2019 model is really amazing.

Dealer said about 8 weeks on delivery, I’m Figuring 10 to 12 weeks. I can’t remember being more excited.
Anyone care to chime-in? What delivery time frame is realistic?
Sponsored

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
Congratulations!

I too ordered a '19 GT Premium and was told 8-12 weeks by the dealer. I've heard everything from 2-4 months on this forum, I'm not sure what is realistic. I check my order status with Ford Performance a few times a week and so far it has not changed from unscheduled clean status.

The waiting without any information is difficult. Last car I factory ordered was a 2016 Stingray and I felt like I was a LOT more in the loop on its status.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Got back to the U.S.A. from Germany three weeks ago. Drove a 2018 Porsche 911 Carerra 4 for two weeks with Autobahn Adventures. Super cool experience. Came home dead-set on ordering a new 911. Sold my 2007 911 first week back. After much heartburn and BS from Porsche dealers who wouldn’t budge on a $135,000 MSRP, I decided to test drive a 2019 Mustang GT. LOVED IT. Placed my factory order on October 18th. Went though Costco and got It for $1100 below invoice plus $1000 customer cash rebate. No BS, in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. So far very pleased with the process and can’t wait to have a true American sports car in my garage all at $85k less than what I was going to spend on the new Porsche. Here’s my Order:
GT Premium 401A
GT Performance Pack 1
6 Speed Manual
Active Exhaust
B&O Sound
Safe and Smart
Nickel Painted 19” wheel upgrade
MagneRide

Essentially, I wanted a Bullitt but didn’t want green or black. Also do not like the Bullitt wheels. So this build is about as close as you can get. Will plan on upgrading the intake and flash the ECU to 93 Octane which should put this one on par with the Bullitt.

I had a 1985 Mustang back in school. This new 2019 model is really amazing.

Dealer said about 8 weeks on delivery, I’m Figuring 10 to 12 weeks. I can’t remember being more excited.
Anyone care to chime-in? What delivery time frame is realistic?

Question for you. Do you live in a seasonal place!? I only ask because I would DD my Mustang and would love to order one. Not sure how that would work

How was the ordering process!?

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations!

I too ordered a '19 GT Premium and was told 8-12 weeks by the dealer. I've heard everything from 2-4 months on this forum, I'm not sure what is realistic. I check my order status with Ford Performance a few times a week and so far it has not changed from unscheduled clean status.

The waiting without any information is difficult. Last car I factory ordered was a 2016 Stingray and I felt like I was a LOT more in the loop on its status.
I think I see, from your other posts, that you ordered back on Oct 1. Correct? I guess mine will be rolling off the assembly line about 3 weeks after yours. Please keep us posted on the progress. The wait is going to be hard. How long did it take after your order at the dealer to get a order number or VIN or something you could track. My sales guy said to check back with him in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for you. Do you live in a seasonal place!? I only ask because I would DD my Mustang and would love to order one. Not sure how that would work

How was the ordering process!?
I live full time in Georgia. Ordering process was super easy. The wait is the hard part.

Sponsored

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I see, from your other posts, that you ordered back on Oct 1. Correct? I guess mine will be rolling off the assembly line about 3 weeks after yours. Please keep us posted on the progress. The wait is going to be hard. How long did it take after your order at the dealer to get a order number or VIN or something you could track. My sales guy said to check back with him in 2 weeks.
Actually I ordered on 9/29 but that was a Saturday, the order was submitted on Monday 10/1. I spoke with Ford Performance again today and I am still in unscheduled/clean status. The person told me this normally lasts 4 weeks. I got an order number on the first day the order went in, beyond checking with Ford Performance it doesn't tell me much. Did you get an order number? Mine is 4 digits long.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually I ordered on 9/29 but that was a Saturday, the order was submitted on Monday 10/1. I spoke with Ford Performance again today and I am still in unscheduled/clean status. The person told me this normally lasts 4 weeks. I got an order number on the first day the order went in, beyond checking with Ford Performance it doesn't tell me much. Did you get an order number? Mine is 4 digits long.
Not sure. I have two sheets of paper from the dealer. The first is titled “preview order” and has a list of all the specs, prices, etc. in the upper right corner it has a “sales code” which starts with “F” followed by 5 digits. Just below that is a box that says “Order Code” which is a 4 digit number.. at the bottom I can see that the form was generated by a website called www.ordermanagement.dealerconnection.com.
The second paper shows the total financial deal. It is titled “Buyers Choice” at the top right and shows, MSRP, discount, rebate, tax, doc fee, etc., remaining balance. This page does not show any specs on the car, just the financial stuff.
My sales guy said the next step is for Ford to assign a VIN#, then we can track the car.
Any of that match your experience. ?
How much deposit did you have to put down?
Did you have to prequalify with the finance office at the dealership?
I didn’t have to see anyone in finance other than for them to take my $1k deposit. Seemed too simple.

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. I have two sheets of paper from the dealer. The first is titled “preview order” and has a list of all the specs, prices, etc. in the upper right corner it has a “sales code” which starts with “F” followed by 5 digits. Just below that is a box that says “Order Code” which is a 4 digit number.. at the bottom I can see that the form was generated by a website called www.ordermanagement.dealerconnection.com.
The second paper shows the total financial deal. It is titled “Buyers Choice” at the top right and shows, MSRP, discount, rebate, tax, doc fee, etc., remaining balance. This page does not show any specs on the car, just the financial stuff.
My sales guy said the next step is for Ford to assign a VIN#, then we can track the car.
Any of that match your experience. ?
How much deposit did you have to put down?
Did you have to prequalify with the finance office at the dealership?
I didn’t have to see anyone in finance other than for them to take my $1k deposit. Seemed too simple.
My paperwork does not match what you describe. Mine is a printout of an email between the dealership I ordered it through and some other individual. At the top it's titled "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" and has the order date, dealer code, and 4 digit order #. Under all this it says "2019 MUSTANG"

The rest of the form is order codes for the options I chose.

Ford Performance essentially told me the same thing that I would be receiving a VIN next. I think he may have said it gets scheduled and then the VIN.

$500 deposit.

No pre-qualification. They didn't seem too worried.

Once we get the VIN we'll be able to track it online using the new Ford order status tool: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

And mine was a simple process too. We went online to the configurator, chose the options, my salesman printed it out and gave it to the sales manager the following Monday who ordered it. When I got my paperwork I talked about above, all the options were there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw a 2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang in the parking lot at Bestbuy. Same color that I have on order. Sure did look good.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw a 2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang in the parking lot at Bestbuy. Same color that I have on order. Sure did look good.
It is my second favorite color to the black. I love the way it looks, especially with the PP wheels.

Also, congrats on staying with the GT and avoiding the Bullitt. I think it has some impressive intangibles, but the price, to me, doesn't justify the purchase. Everyone I've seen at dealers (I've seen three now) are priced at 50k. I'd much, much rather A, have a used GT350 or spend the money for a new one.

You made a great choice. I also used you as an example to my wife (moving on from Porsche). LOL!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. My Porsche was black which looked amazing right after a wash and wax. I went as far as installing a in-house water filter and deionization system in my garage to completely avoid water spots. I also have a carbon filter which takes the chlorine out as well. So nothing but pure H2O for car washing. A bit anal about clean cars, I guess. The only thing that began to annoy me was the fact that I would hesitate to take the car out for a drive because I knew it would look bad and I would have to wash it again. I think the magnetic Metallic will be much more forgiving. And I’m considering a Ceramic Coating....still researching. Here is a photo of the Porsche I sold and my water filtration system.
9B3CDDCE-C156-4203-AA16-BC90B2A94E3E.jpeg
603ACE76-8E45-411A-BF87-E1BB43199737.jpeg

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. My Porsche was black which looked amazing right after a wash and wax. I went as far as installing a in-house water filter and deionization system in my garage to completely avoid water spots. I also have a carbon filter which takes the chlorine out as well. So nothing but pure H2O for car washing. A bit anal about clean cars, I guess. The only thing that began to annoy me was the fact that I would hesitate to take the car out for a drive because I knew it would look bad and I would have to wash it again. I think the magnetic Metallic will be much more forgiving. And I’m considering a Ceramic Coating....still researching. Here is a photo of the Porsche I sold and my water filtration system.
9B3CDDCE-C156-4203-AA16-BC90B2A94E3E.jpeg
603ACE76-8E45-411A-BF87-E1BB43199737.jpeg
Wow. That Porsche is gorgeous. It speaks volumes about the Mustang that you're willing to leave it. Also, love that water system.

Surprisingly, you're not the first Porsche owner I've seen go to the Mustang. Most of them time its for the GT350 but still. Welcome to the gang. Maybe I'll rejoin soon.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
November 1st. Dealer emailed today with my VIN number. Order was placed on 10/17 so, right at two weeks. Order tracking shows “in order processing”. Also says I will get a production date as soon as the factory schedules the build. Things seem to be moving along nicely. Oh BTW, my priority code on the order is 19. Config is GT Coupe, PP1 and Magneride. My understanding is that VIN are assigned during order allocation which happens in Fords computers each Wednesday night. Plant sets the build schedule on Thursday night, so not sure if that will happen tonight or if it takes a week or two. We will see.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
November 1st. Dealer emailed today with my VIN number. Order was placed on 10/17 so, right at two weeks. Order tracking shows “in order processing”. Also says I will get a production date as soon as the factory schedules the build. Things seem to be moving along nicely. Oh BTW, my priority code on the order is 19. Config is GT Coupe, PP1 and Magneride. My understanding is that VIN are assigned during order allocation which happens in Fords computers each Wednesday night. Plant sets the build schedule on Thursday night, so not sure if that will happen tonight or if it takes a week or two. We will see.
We ordered on the same date. I haven't heard anything from my dealership. Have contacted them a few times and was told they have emailed the factory.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Congrats on the order! If you're on Facebook, Atlanta S550's is an excellent group, and has an excellent relationship with Steeda. The people are generally great and good fun to be around too! Magnetic looks really nice for sure!
Sponsored