Sponsored

Ecoboost Performance Pack Brakes for HPDE

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I love my Powerstop track day pads. For the money and what you get they are perfect for HPDE. Have had ZERO fade and i have done 3 HPDE's and 3 gridlife full weekends (Gingerman and Road Atlanta) and still have enough brake pad and rotor left for Mid-Ohio this weekend. Fluid upgrade is a must. I run stock brake
Your signature indicates that you have a GT PP, which includes the 6 piston Brembos up front. The OP is inquiring about the EB PP, which includes the 4 piston calipers. As noted above, the 6 piston brakes are a significant improvement over the 4 piston, if not for the rotor design alone.
Sponsored

Brooks_Church

Team Rowdy RTR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber GT PP RTR Spec 2 #010
Correct, I understand it not a PP car with brembo’s. I instruct with SCCA and Gridlife and push my car extremely hard at all events I go to.
I was stating that for HPDE track days that 70% of the people do not push their car to the absolute limit or have a ton of suspension and big sticky tire that require a race pad with a brake upgrade, should be fine with a track day pad and good fluid flush with a high rated fluid.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, I understand it not a PP car with brembo’s. I instruct with SCCA and Gridlife and push my car extremely hard at all events I go to.
I was stating that for HPDE track days that 70% of the people do not push their car to the absolute limit or have a ton of suspension and big sticky tire that require a race pad with a brake upgrade, should be fine with a track day pad and good fluid flush with a high rated fluid.
The one big thing I found with the Powerstop Track Day pads is that they are HARD on rotors. They ate through mine.

Brooks_Church

Team Rowdy RTR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber GT PP RTR Spec 2 #010
The one big thing I found with the Powerstop Track Day pads is that they are HARD on rotors. They ate through mine.
Agreed. They are quite harsh. That is a thing to keep in mind for sure.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
are there any good slotted or blank rotors for the EB PP/ base GT that aren't inverted hat? i also was interested in the DBA's on steeda's website but they confirmed they were inverted hat also. ideally i would like to keep the 4 pistons and upgrade fluid with some 1 piece, non drilled. this happened to my brakes after 1 track day at a fairly slow track (80mph top speed), not sure what exactly it is.

20200902_071705.jpg

Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe there are some two piece rotors available for the 14" 4 piston system, but they are pricey. You can often find like new 6 piston "take offs", calipers, rotors, pads, ect., for only a couple hundred more than what you'll pay for 14" two piece rotors alone. And these rotors will have to be replaced eventually as well. Once you switch to the 6 piston 15", you can replace rotors for $50 ea. If you plan to use the car on a road course, seriously consider the 6 piston set up. Simple bolt on. Works great.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I believe there are some two piece rotors available for the 14" 4 piston system, but they are pricey. You can often find like new 6 piston "take offs", calipers, rotors, pads, ect., for only a couple hundred more than what you'll pay for 14" two piece rotors alone. And these rotors will have to be replaced eventually as well. Once you switch to the 6 piston 15", you can replace rotors for $50 ea. If you plan to use the car on a road course, seriously consider the 6 piston set up. Simple bolt on. Works great.
bought a set of brembos, where's the cheapest place to get (..oem?) rotors at that price you mentioned?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bought a set of brembos, where's the cheapest place to get (..oem?) rotors at that price you mentioned?
Rockauto. They have Motorcraft PP rotors for $58. Raybestos and Centric are even less.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Rockauto. They have Motorcraft PP rotors for $58. Raybestos and Centric are even less.
what was the p/n on rock auto for the motorcraft ones?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what was the p/n on rock auto for the motorcraft ones?
Base on the description, I would say this one; MOTORCRAFT BRRF346. However, you may want to reach out to them to confirm it is the 380mm/15" rotor. I bought these last year; CENTRIC 12161116. They worked fine for street and HPDE. They are cheap enough that I plan to replace them each spring before track season.
Sponsored