Time for a custom tune in Atlanta

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I picked up a 2016 Mustang GT with a Roush State 2 Supercharger, BBK Longtube tubes and X-Pipe with flowmaster (louder than I'd like) axle backs. The car also has a SCT x4 installed. I'd like to get a custom tune on the car but their doesn't seem to be a lot of options in Atlanta as one would think. I've narrowed it down to Injected Engineering and Kurgan Motorsports. VMP, Steeda etc are too far down in Pompano Beach ironically where I bought the car. Better planning I could've got this done there before my drive back. Any other recommendations for this area?
20180929_191500.jpg
20181007_081223.jpg
Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
A lot of people will tell you to get a remote tune with Palm Beach Dyno, AED, or Lund. I'm too far south of Atlanta to help you with a tuner there, but the above shops are very solid.

OP
OP
94Mustang302ci

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
It looks like I'm going with Kurgan Motorsports.. Hope to have it on the dyno some time in the next two weeks. I thought about the mail order tunes but I'd really like to go through the whole dyno/tune experience as this will be the first time.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I would go with Injected over Kurgan. He has a real poor attitude and screwed up my buddy’s fox body build with very poorly chosen components that resulted in a small powerband. I would highly suggest going with AED/PBD and if you have to have it done locally, then do injected.

You can call Shaun at AED, or Rob at PBD and schedule a remote tuning session with him at a dyno. Dave at complete performance hosts dyno days regularly for local car groups and his rates are the best around. That way you can get the experience you’re after with a quality tune.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I would most definitely choose Injected over Kurgan. Do you know why Injected is more expensive? Because its worth it...

Another shop to consider in the ATL area is MV Performance in Jefferson, GA (NE up 85 towards Commerce). Tim Matherly (co-owner) is one of the NMRA Coyote Stock Super Stars. The best way to contact him is [email protected]

Sponsored

OP
OP
94Mustang302ci

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Do you have any experience with Injected? Know of anyone on this board that does?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
My uncle's 13 GT was tuned by them and he was satisfied. they've hosted a few Dyno days for Atlanta S550's, which I would recommend checking them out as you'll get a lot more active feedback there.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda has a location in Valdosta, GA & our tuning team is at this location too.

Let me know if I can put you in contact with Matt!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored