Sponsored

SAD (seasonal affective disorder)

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Yes, Ive got SAD! Bought a new 18 this year, just installed new procharger a few weeks ago and only 1 trip to the track with it. Im so mad that Im in upstate NY and have to put the car away here very shortly if not now. Our weather is ridiculous, it barely hit 40 here today. I need to get the heck out of here and move down south!
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Wisconsin and temps are in the high 40's to low 50's these days. It's a bit of a struggle, but I like the change of seasons and putting my stang away for the winter months just fuels my anticipation for march/april when things start to thaw out. I do feel your pain though... I remember getting my gt coupe in september and only enjoying it for a few months. I purchase my vert in late march and then we had a huge snow storm in April!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I used to have that when I lived on the east coast. Now in SoCal......nope, lol. Winter means I go running in the low 60s instead of low 70s. I hate that it gets dark soon at like 4pm due to the d!pshid daylight saving times cr@p. I guess that's why I have a headlamp. Of course where I live you better like being outdoors and get used to living in less for more.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Come to Texas. You'll find a good job and get to drive your Mustang year round. We have 93 octane and E85 too! Unless you're from California, then don't come to Texas, lol.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
lol at all the people saying "I have to put my car away." That's your choice, not a requirement. Stop being a snowflake and buy a set of winter tires and drive the damn thing. Who cares.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
lol at all the people saying "I have to put my car away." That's your choice, not a requirement. Stop being a snowflake and buy a set of winter tires and drive the damn thing. Who cares.
Add paint protection film coating. Otherwise be prepared for sandblasting by road salt.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I moved out of NYC to North Carolina drive all year. If there is a call for snow which is rare I had to mom's in South Carolina

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Come to Texas. You'll find a good job and get to drive your Mustang year round. We have 93 octane and E85 too! Unless you're from California, then don't come to Texas, lol.
That's too bad. I really wanted to leave the 70s summer temps for Austin's 90s sauna.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Exactly... they should look at some posts by @WesleyEng ... someone who knows how to enjoy the car and weather in NY...

Goodness grief, this is not a Rolls-Royce forum. I don't want my Drophead to get sandblasted by road salt!!!!

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
dude we average 125 inches of snow every winter. Rear wheel drive cars arent going anywhere with snow on the road. Of course its my choice, I just felt like complaining!

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem, VB, Pony Pkg, 201A, 13 RR F150 Lariat
I've got it too. Today's high was 74 in NE FL. Friday was record high for date at 94. No more 90s in the forecast. Put top down, boot on (S197 V6) & went for 45 mile afternoon cruise in the country. Hopefully top will stay down for a long time (parks in garage). Its VERT TIME in North FL...... :sun::sun:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm right with you. I'm in Illinois and it just snowed yesterday. Not long, or enough to stick, but it did. I don't care about driving the car in the snow. I used to daily my old mustang year round, with cheap all seasons. I'm positive my 2019 will handle much better, but it's the salt... and I also can't justify buying a new set of rims and snow tires when I already have a set in my garage for my Stratus. It sucks to put away but just be happy that it will come out looking as new as when the winter started. It'll feel damn good to pull off the cover of your clean and shiny Mustang when the weather calls for it!

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
No worries. Been to Texas. You couldn't pay me to move there. Ha!
Sponsored

Last edited: