• Total voters

Justin Fontaine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tundra Limited, 16Mazda CX-5 GT, BMW R1200GS, Husaberg FE 350
I was headed to 2018 Mustang land and hit the brakes after hearing about some of the problems it is having. I'm not going to play Russian roulette with a 50k car I started to notice that the C7's were really being heavily discounted to get close to what I was going to pay for a GT. Chevy had 3 model years out with new cars on lots for most of the summer and I found one I wanted. 2017 (new) Arctic white, base,2LT with mag ride and a bunch of goodies for 52k OTD. I only had about a 10 mile test drive in a GT and I really liked it. Different feeling car entirely when driving it. Corvette is a low slung sports car and you feel like you are riding on the road but with incredible suspension that does not beat you up. I only have 2k miles on it so still learning. but It's a great highway cruiser as well as a hooligan sports car. Mustang would by far be a better daily driver. Interior in the new Vette is beautiful I think. Leather everywhere in base trim.

I know that the C7 is not with out its issues ( their auto trans is a big one) but from what I could learn it seemed like the lesser of two evils as far as reliability and maintenance but time will tell. If it develops issues it will be gone before the warranty expires. No way am I making multiple trips to a dealer to get jacked around warranty or not. It is a summer only car for me so it won't see more than 6k miles a year. I saw a new blue GT on the road today and man I love the looks of that car. Maybe next time.
Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Tried a vette. Just didn’t need feel right. Got a GT350

Blackhawk25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe S
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I loved my mustang gt PP, upgrades include full steeda suspension, Tune etc. Very nice vehicle but I traded for a 2019 Corvette GS. Now my opinion Mustang is a nice car, the Vette is in a league of it's own. No comparison. Chassis, suspension, looks No comparison. HANDS DOWN VETTE WINS.
Sponsored