Sponsored

Help with electronic dash gages please

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
My '19 Bullitt is not only my first Mustang, but first Ford. I've been trying to set up the gage displays, but can't seem to find a way to show engine oil temperature; just rear axle temperature. The owners manual suggests that option is available, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I'm surprised Ford didn't put oil temp in the center dash gage cluster instead of the useless vacuum gage.

What am I doing wrong? Are there any good videos on setting up the digital instruments?

Thanks,

aileron
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It depends on the firmware you have and the newer versions seem to have omitted it. There has been several changes along the way. I retrofitted my 16 with the 18 dash and I Do have the oil temp gauge as well as scroll through all of my gauges. I have no line gauge display as others but those that do have the line gauge display seem to not have the oil temp gauge or be able to scroll through the various gauges (I have 4 different displays of gauges to go through via the up down button).

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
I'm not home right now to confirm but I'm fairly certain I have it, its under the "show gauges" or "performance gauges" option you can pick which 3 gauges you want. You can also use the up/down arrows to cycle through text of all the gauges, and the g meter.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I can confirm it is not an option on my Bullitt.

The only two temps are axle oil and cylinder head temp. Engine oil temp is not available.

The online manual says Oil temp and trans oil temp. I have neither. I assume the trans oil temp is for automatics.. And I have axle oil temp, which is not in the online manual.

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I can confirm it is not an option on my Bullitt.

The only two temps are axle oil and cylinder head temp. Engine oil temp is not available.

The online manual says Oil temp and trans oil temp. I have neither. I assume the trans oil temp is for automatics.. And I have axle oil temp, which is not in the online manual.
Thanks Brett, at least I don't feel so stupid not finding it. I have the same axle and CHT options; CHT on a liquid cooled car makes about as much sense as a vacuum gage on a naturally aspirated engine:frown:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Oil temp is available on the base gauges for 2019 GTs. Strangely when you step up to the digital gauges, you lose that one. I just run cylinder head temp and rear axle temp as my middle gauges.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, my K1850 does have the temp gauge along with the Volt gauge which I put in the middle. As I posted on the Bullitt owners, site the temp is real important especially here in the south with very hot days. I had an old hot rodder tell me that the engine temp after drive on a hot day can approach 400 degrees when the engine is off in the garage!!! So for 40 years or so I've always popped my hood in the garage when I park it.
frank

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hi, my K1850 does have the temp gauge along with the Volt gauge which I put in the middle. As I posted on the Bullitt owners, site the temp is real important especially here in the south with very hot days. I had an old hot rodder tell me that the engine temp after drive on a hot day can approach 400 degrees when the engine is off in the garage!!! So for 40 years or so I've always popped my hood in the garage when I park it.
frank
There's cylinder head temp, but not oil temp, unless your Bullitt has something all the others don't.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try to take a pic but it looks like the engine and the gauge shows coolant temp.
Sponsored