Sponsored

Bolt Ons: Which of these should I get first, second, etc.?

bucsfan514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
Sup guys. Just recently went from a V6 to a '16 GT PP a few months ago. The guy before me did tires, suspension, and a catback. Manifold, Intake, headers, ECU all stock.

So, that leaves me with the meat of the bolt on upgrades to get to. Tune, Intake manifold, CAI, Headers.

The '18 manifold is what I'm really interested in doing. Is it an easy swap? Or labor intensive? And I'm guessing I'd need a tune immediately after putting it on right? I'm in West Palm so I figure I'd hit up Palm Beach Dyno for that.

Just need a little bit of guidance from the V8 guys. Thanks!
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Long tubes plus tune will be your most significant of those listed.

OP
OP

bucsfan514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
Long tubes plus tune will be your most significant of those listed.
I'm leaning towards doing the manifold + tune first, then doing headers after that. Is there a preferred brand of longtubes or do all brands (Texas speed, Kooks, Pypes) pretty much all get the same job done? Cats or catless?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm leaning towards doing the manifold + tune first, then doing headers after that. Is there a preferred brand of longtubes or do all brands (Texas speed, Kooks, Pypes) pretty much all get the same job done? Cats or catless?
Catted vs cattless is preference.

I went with ARH for fitment and includes all hardware for install. Others have had good luck with Pypes as well but may need additional hardware etc.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Do yourself a favor and wait for the Black Friday sales that will be coming next month. All the vendors will be trying to out do each other to get your business.

I went with Corsa long tubes with catless mids. For around $1200 you can get the complete set up. Just be ready for the install costs if you are not planning on doing it yourself.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I think intake and tune will be your best band for tour buck. The extra rev range you'll get with a 18mani or gt350 mani is really nice. On my 15 I did headers, which I loved the extra sound but I got more power gains with the gt350 mani, really helped me out at the track.
Sponsored