Sponsored

Do I full send...or kind of send? Some thoughts..

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
nobody gives at rats -ass about na power because its so price prohibitive compared to blowers or nitrous..its not supported by aftermarket, because theres not too many "na only" races theres no slot in Guinness book of world records for na cars and it costs a lot of money...fast is fast.. If u wanna be fast be prepared, theres vendors on these forums wanting $4500 bucks for a single rim..BUT...no one will ever be a youtube hero for spending 40k to run 10.50 when another goober spent 6k to run 9's ..How do you brag about spending 5x the money to go half as fast with no other benefit?
I read diego's primary goal for this particular build as being more about rpm capability than maximum power. Time for everybody who thinks that forced induction is the only the answer to everybody's engine build direction to get over the fact that his goals for this project don't match everybody else's and don't have to.

Post #28 said:
If I didn't have the Evo, then I would boost the Stang, but I don't need 2 unreliable cars. Oh, and 8000 RPM is a goal because I came from imports, and nearly evrything I've had revved at least to 8K, with the favorite car I've ever owned being an AP1 S2000. I chose Coyote based on looks of the car it's in, but also because I know it has high RPM capability. If I didn't care about RPM, I'd have traded in for a Scat Pack Challenger, or done a HCI LS based car, and an LS build is much cheaper, but I still want lofty RPM's.
diego - I do understand what you're going for, once your description gets away from using slang that I don't.

Norm
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
All the geriatrics came out today. How long did it take you to come up with these?
The same amount of time it took for me to realize you should be driving a Porsche that screams to 9k rpm, not a Mustang.

snotrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Premium, hellion 6266 tt, 18'intake, boundary billet opg& cs id1050x, jms bap, msd 2-step, m/t et street r bias 28-11.5x17, steers tri-ax shifter, gforce II boost control,

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
People who dont race. Dont get the slang. And expose themselves as such. By complaining about the slang. No shame in not racing. But also no shame in knowing that slang. Im 52. Still dont know what a jorts are? I hurt the motor on my 95 in the sig pic. She was blowing oil out the vacuum pump. We could have shut it down. To save the motor. Or we could just send it. I sent it. Luckily for me the motor held one more 300 shot nitrous pass. Or id be getting beat up in two threads. Like this kid. Id be getting kicked for sending it. And baker is getting kicked in another thread. For blowing a motor while making 1000whp. You either get it. Or you dont.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
People who dont do the same kind of racing. Dont get the other guys' slang either.
Fixed.

While it might be possible to see 'full send' on a Pro Street forum, I've never seen that term used on a Pro Touring site or any forum centered around the corner-carving kind of racing. Not ever.. That doesn't mean that those of us who drive on road courses or at autocross never do any moderately to fairly serious engine builds.

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Fixed.

While it might be possible to see 'full send' on a Pro Street forum, I've never seen that term used on a Pro Touring site or any forum centered around the corner-carving kind of racing. Not ever.. That doesn't mean that those of us who drive on road courses or at autocross never do any moderately to fairly serious engine builds.

Norm
what ever norm. Are you one of the guys with your panties in a buncn? Because you never heard the terminology before. That's a yes or no question. Buy the way.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
what ever norm. Are you one of the guys with your panties in a buncn? Because you never heard the terminology before. That's a yes or no question. Buy the way.
No.

This build of OP's isn't just another build focused on power and dragstrip results, else he'd have gone FI like he did with the other car. For a build with a different direction, thoughts from outside the drag racing crowd ought to be worth something, too.

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Your still arguing the words. You can Drag race a High rpm NA car. You can use a boosted monster on a road course! There is no rules Norm. That a car has to be built a certain way. For a certain type of racing. And this is America. The kid can still use what ever terminology he wants. To decribe the car he desires. Everyone understood what he was saying. But didnt like the wording! This would have been a 25 reply thread. If everyone didn't attack the kid. For his choice of wording. And then he wouldn't have felt compelled to insult everyone back. Which is a totally natural reaction.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Your still arguing the words. You can Drag race a High rpm NA car. You can use a boosted monster on a road course! There is no rules Norm. That a car has to be built a certain way. For a certain type of racing. And this is America. The kid can still use what ever terminology he wants. To decribe the car he desires. Everyone understood what he was saying. But didnt like the wording! This would have been a 25 reply thread. If everyone didn't attack the kid. For his choice of wording. And then he wouldn't have felt compelled to insult everyone back. Which is a totally natural reaction.
Words are how we communicate. And when they don't clearly indicate what is wanted to somebody who might have an answer to the topic question, feedback happens. Some of it will be polite, and this being the internet some of it won't be. A thicker skin on OP would have gone a long way here, too.

Right now, you're trying to use my words against me by finding exceptions. Let's stick to what diego started out by asking for - an honest 8000 rpm NA Coyote - and not even worry about what he's going to use it for. Maybe it'll start out being just for street driving, like an 8000 rpm 4-cylinder build I did 45 years ago was.

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ok lets do that. Are you trying to say you or anyone else didnt understand. What the kid ment? Even after he said. Send and kinda send. And those words were broken down into sections with an accompanying parts list? Because I understood exactly what he ment. And offered an opionion about the parts mentioned. How dumb do you have to be to not understand. When THE WORDS. each come with their own parts list?
The kid stated his goals in the first paragraph. Why he wants his car built that way is his business. Further more. He asked for opinions on the build. He didn't ask for an english lesson.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Sorry bro, you've been duped....

The OP purposely is trolling this community with his slang. Nobody here really believe his intentions for his build, as the OP has contradicted himself in several ways. Not only that, you don't use those terms in that way... send and full send are about launching things. (ie: off ramps, down a hill, down the strip, etc..). It doesn't relate to a car build, etc.

That is why we are chiding with him, because he is "tryharding" too much....

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This thread makes my head hurt.
Sponsored