Sponsored

Comp turbo grease

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is there any other options for Comp Turbo Grease other than the 180.00 Comp Turbo Grease?
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Is there any other options for Comp Turbo Grease other than the 180.00 Comp Turbo Grease?
Yes there is. But they will not warranty your turbo unless you buy their expensive grease. I believe you bought the Travis kit.

OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes there is. But they will not warranty your turbo unless you buy their expensive grease. I believe you bought the Travis kit.
Dang it. Yeah i have the "Travis" kit, and everything still works. The process of getting the kit was a mess though.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
They wouldn't tell me what kind of grease it is when I spoke with Comp. My only option was to buy that expensive grease but it should last forever. Pro tip: Buy from jegs to save on shipping.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
They wouldn't tell me what kind of grease it is when I spoke with Comp. My only option was to buy that expensive grease but it should last forever. Pro tip: Buy from jegs to save on shipping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You lucky sob!! Just curious but what kind of issues have you had with their turbos? I don’t have a lot of miles on mine but they spool fast and I can hear them spin for maybe a minute after I turn the car off.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
You lucky sob!! Just curious but what kind of issues have you had with their turbos? I don’t have a lot of miles on mine but they spool fast and I can hear them spin for maybe a minute after I turn the car off.
What seems to be the issue is because there is no thrust bearing and back pressure creates turbulence and compressor wheel touches the housing. Comp told me it was the turbo kit I was running and that they were getting tired of doing warranties. Seems to have been the hot side was a bit to small. Seems finally this has been corrected but Comp was fed up and was about to cut off this turbo kit maker/vendor.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What seems to be the issue is because there is no thrust bearing and back pressure creates turbulence and compressor wheel touches the housing. Comp told me it was the turbo kit I was running and that they were getting tired of doing warranties. Seems to have been the hot side was a bit to small. Seems finally this has been corrected but Comp was fed up and was about to cut off this turbo kit maker/vendor.
What size turbine size did you have? I have the 6062's with the .82 turbines.

OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is that something you can hear? Sometimes I hear what sounds like a whine coming from one turbo, its at low RPMs before spooling up and is intermittent.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Is that something you can hear? Sometimes I hear what sounds like a whine coming from one turbo, its at low RPMs before spooling up and is intermittent.
You will not be able to hear them touching housing. Car still ran with good even with compressor wheel damaged.
Sponsored