Best U.S. President of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Please see below for all that is wrong with the US.

SNIP

5. Beer
You lost all credibility with me by saying this.

That and writing it's when you should have used its.
Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You're implying the US wouldn't stand for slave labour?

I'm not a big fan of the Canadian governments efforts to appease everyone either. I'll assume you think I'm on one side of the fence but I try to keep an open mind and don't just vote for the same party every election. But I always vote.

It has seemed for quite some time the US has been proud to be the military superpower. With that comes added fiscal responsibility. If you want to remove the "US defense umbrella" it only makes the US military weaker. You realize we have ten times less people in Canada. We will never have a similar military.

I weighed in on this thread to ask another Canadian why he liked Donald Trump, from a Canadian point of view. You took that as an invitation to bash Canada. Please see below for all that is wrong with the US. And you know Afghanistan is considered a sovereign nation.

1. Obesity
2. Kentucky
3. Gun violence. Yes this is a problem. Arm toddlers for all I care just deal with it.
4. Health Care. First world countries provide education and health care for their citizens.
5. Beer
6. Slavery/Segregation. It may not exist in it's original form but you're still dealing with it in other forms. See Charlottesville VA.

Canada has it's problems but so does the US.
I know you won't have a big military. You don't have the population or the capitol infrastructure that we do. That's why the United States needs full and complete unfettered access to the resources, in order to ensure constant economic growth and absolute assurance of our national security. The best way to achieve that is annexation. Annexation and elimination of the border would allow the existing population to then have full access to the American economy, and vice-versa. No more of this nonsensical arguing over flippin' dairy products and trade deals that always end up benefiting one or the other. Really? That's why annexation is best. We can then fully focus our capitol infrastructure to the north with absolutely no one in Parliament to whine about sovereignty, or cultural degradation. Culture...what culture? Poutine? Hockey? Really? I'm from Wisconsin. I have more in common culturally with people from western Canada, than I do with people from New Orleans. Concern for sovereignty and cultural degradation...Of all the foolish notions.
I'm not bashing Canada at all. In fact my frustration is "really" aimed at the morons running the show up there, not the nation itself. I'm bashing the ridiculous policies that are costing everyone in North America (mainly Canada) more and more harm to our security and constant cultural degradation with out of control, and self destructive immigration policies. We certainly have problems down here, but we're trying to stop the nonsense of destructive leftist behavior. It's caused us enough harm as it is.
Canada is forging ahead with its own self destruction with completely naive sense of pure bliss. It's the most disheartening thing I've ever seen. It's not that I hate Canada. In fact, I love Canada, especially its people west of Ontario who generally do have a lick of common sense. In fact I love Canada so much, the United States should annex everything west of Manitoba to the north passage. Then, let Quebec and the idiots in Parliament eat itself from within by bankrupting itself with terrible social policies.

Btw, don't be slamming on the beer now. Thems real fightin' words. :wink: Have you ever been to PacNW? It's a true Mecca of Micro-brewing. Best beers in North America. Period.
Besides, if we finally annex Canada, and eventually get Ontario and Quebec to join without pouting so much, then all we really have to argue about, is whether or not the football field has 100 or 110 yards.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
Funny beer was the sticking point. I have not been to the Pacific North West but would like to go. Especially if it included brewery tours.

"Leftist behaviour" immediately creates a wall that makes communication difficult. I attempt to not label certain behaviour as being left or right but with the current political climate it becomes difficult. I was ready for a change when the Liberals came to power in 2015 but have been disappointed with their efforts to please a small portion of the population. Gender pronouns (Bill C-16) and their correct usage is an over reach. Free speech in Canada is just a catch phrase and has never been comparable to that in the US.
However the previous Conservative government was considering private prisons and wanted to double down on the failed war on drugs. They lost the last federal election for a reason but I think they will do much better next year.

Annexation is impossible. The US can't figure out what to do with the thousands of immigrants wanting to enter the country. What would it do with the millions of Canadians that don't? Wait don't answer that.

I like the US. As a family we've made several trips (spent too much at Disney) and will make several more. Might go to Myrtle Beach in the spring. We've had a good relationship for a long time and don't want to see it jeopardized by a president that uses twitter to tease nuclear war.

But hey weed becomes legal tomorrow so let's just relax and enjoy the one thing this government has accomplished.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Funny beer was the sticking point. I have not been to the Pacific North West but would like to go. Especially if it included brewery tours.

"Leftist behaviour" immediately creates a wall that makes communication difficult. I attempt to not label certain behaviour as being left or right but with the current political climate it becomes difficult. I was ready for a change when the Liberals came to power in 2015 but have been disappointed with their efforts to please a small portion of the population. Gender pronouns (Bill C-16) and their correct usage is an over reach. Free speech in Canada is just a catch phrase and has never been comparable to that in the US.
However the previous Conservative government was considering private prisons and wanted to double down on the failed war on drugs. They lost the last federal election for a reason but I think they will do much better next year.

Annexation is impossible. The US can't figure out what to do with the thousands of immigrants wanting to enter the country. What would it do with the millions of Canadians that don't? Wait don't answer that.

I like the US. As a family we've made several trips (spent too much at Disney) and will make several more. Might go to Myrtle Beach in the spring. We've had a good relationship for a long time and don't want to see it jeopardized by a president that uses twitter to tease nuclear war.

But hey weed becomes legal tomorrow so let's just relax and enjoy the one thing this government has accomplished.
I dunno about you, but just about all of my friends and my whole family in Alberta and Saskatchewan would love to drop Ottawa like the black plague and join the US. Maybe it's just AB and SK, since I don't go east, but the sentiment in the west (sans Vancouver) has not been too happy with they way they've been treated by Ottawa for...oh, about 50 years now.

When you talk about leftist behavior, I'm really making reference to the specific ideological failings of certain issues, like C-16 as you stated. Also, I put the general idea of being a leftist in the 20th Century "Collectivist" mentality. If we couldn't learn from the horrors in the 20th century from leftist behavior run amok, what the heck is it going to take?
As far as the drug war goes, I don't smoke, and think it's gross, but I have to admit I'm a bit more Libertarian on that particular issue. How the heck can you possibly eliminate a plant? It's a frickin' weed, and will grow almost anywhere. It's like a war on dandelions. As far as I'm concerned, the Federal gov't should have a similar law like brewing beer. You can grow one or two of your own plants for personal use. Any distribution for profit is illegal. That would pretty much destroy the entire incoming drug cartels trafficking of cannabis.
I do have serious problems with the out of control synthetically produced drugs though. Especially Fentynol pouring in from China. It's literally killing people by the thousands every year now. You think gun crime is a problem? It's nothing like the plague of opioids in our streets. It's an absolute disgrace.

Annexation is certainly not impossible. It can certainly be done. Even with as much as 70% of the population disagreeing, within a decade, the enormous economic benefit and freedom of travel makes it such an obvious affirmation of our freedom, it wouldn't take long for everyone to get onboard and refuse to give it back. Even those who are staunchly against it.

Besides, wouldn't you prefer to have your own "elected" Senators, instead having whichever dilweed is in charge appointing the whole lot of them?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was actually trying to be funny, but I do believe that there are a lot of good beers brewed in the US. I'm pretty happy with several breweries local to me, even. I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur, but I don't drink the Miller/Bud mass brands.

Since based on your answer you aren't a teetotaler, what Canuck beers do you think are superior?

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Please see below for all that is wrong with the US.

1. Obesity
2. Kentucky
3. Gun violence. Yes this is a problem. Arm toddlers for all I care just deal with it.
4. Health Care. First world countries provide education and health care for their citizens.
5. Beer
6. Slavery/Segregation. It may not exist in it's original form but you're still dealing with it in other forms. See Charlottesville VA.
lol.

Never been there, however three things I love about Kentucky:
  1. The Colonel
  2. Jennifer Lawrence
  3. The TV series, Justified

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
You do understand that everyone can read what you said, right? It's not just me reading the crap that you post. You sure you want to paint all Texans color-me-stupid?

The most obvious thing apparent is what you left out. No comment from you at all regarding Trump's dishonesty. He's as dodgy as a five day old burrito.
Obama lied to you with a smile on his face...but it was a lie none the less. Hillary is piece of political criminal trash along with her husband. They also lied right to your face while smiling. I'll bet you didn't give a crap about that though right? hypocrite much?

As far as him being a racist..how about you post of links or videos with proof other than hearsay you read on liberal news outlets....

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
Abolishing the Senate entirely has been discussed at length. Surprisingly no action has been taken yet.

I'll recommend the following Canadian beers as they may be available to you.
Alexander Keiths - It's a good IPA. Or try their premium white which is a Belgian Wheat beer

Moosehead - It's a Lager coming from Canada's oldest independent brewery.

Steam Whistle - Advertised as Canada's premium pilsner and I agree. If you can get your hands on any of these I'd recommend Steam Whistle hands down.

I really have nothing against American beer. I've noticed some states don't need to list the alcohol/volume which makes me think they're more likely to water it down. We have two local breweries and man is their beer good. A little pricey so I don't buy in bulk but a few king cans here and there. On a side note I enjoy Sailor Jerry spiced rum. Good flavour and it's high octane (46% or 92 proof).

I had no idea Jennifer Lawrence was from Kentucky.. my view has changed.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What I understand is this. You’re bending over backwards to blow smoke up the ass of the dumbest, most racist, and dishonest President that the US has ever had.
I think Obama is hands-down the most racist president in modern times. He didn't fall too short of causing a race war in this country with the divisive talk. Trump has been accused a great deal but with little real evidence to support it.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Abe Lincoln

Please Don't get caught up in IQ test #'s
I know plenty of dumb azz geniuses to back it up.

Time & history before and after their terms is the true test. One Prez doesn't fit the needs required at all times.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
How Jimmy feels after each post
Colonel, whilst I am touched that you should feel so strongly about me that you post a link to YouTube in my honor, you should know that I don't drill the vegemite pipe.

Look elsewhere for your man love :).

Last edited:

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Can I just say this:

Not all Australians are ignorant, brainwashed, smug progressive libtards.

There are plenty of us who follow US politics closely and are strong supporters of your POTUS.

That is all.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.