Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put some pictures earlier in this thread I think of the above carwebguru launcher. Anyone that ordered from Seicane earlier requested an OS update yet?

Pics here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...touch-screen-radio.76233/page-23#post-2194084

So I have actually never used android before. I dont really like the button icons on this unit. Is there a way to change how it looks? Id love to make it look more OE or even apple-carplay-ish.

Anyone have pictures of different customizations?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I third using CarWebGuru, it looks good and works well for me. You can add or remove buttons on it and change the app shortcuts to be what you want there. That part in the middle will pull album art and song info from most of the big streaming services (it pulls it from the notification controls), but not the radio.

You can have multiple screens set up as well in case you want it like the above or would prefer something simpler like just a visualizer.

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Have any of you guys experienced issue with heat? It gets up to 115 here so I'm just worried of this unit being inside a hot car all day

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet. We get some pretty humid scorchers here also. Has been over 100 this summer.

Have any of you guys experienced issue with heat? It gets up to 115 here so I'm just worried of this unit being inside a hot car all day

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a few questions. I didn't see these answered in the last 25 pages so forgive me if I missed this info answered.

1. Is there a quick start sleep mode so it doesn't take 45 seconds to boot every time you start your car?

2. Is the voice activation as good as Synch?

3. Does it alert you when you receive texts? Can you listen to your texts like Synch?

4. Is there a way to display the on board outside temperature sensor?

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have a few questions. I didn't see these answered in the last 25 pages so forgive me if I missed this info answered.

1. Is there a quick start sleep mode so it doesn't take 45 seconds to boot every time you start your car?

2. Is the voice activation as good as Synch?

3. Does it alert you when you receive texts? Can you listen to your texts like Synch?

4. Is there a way to display the on board outside temperature sensor?
You can set it to sleep for up to an hour so you dont have to wait for it to boot up if you run inside some were (at least on my version)

2) I don't use voice I suspect it would be find if you put the mic somewhere good I buried mine.
3) Not sure
4) Temp in mine is in C not sure how to change. I actually think this temp is pulled from the internet not the car.

Last edited:

Joeys550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 magnetic gray gt
* Voice activation is the same as sync
* You can listen to your text yes and it lets you know when you get one
* Temps are in c and you can't change it( I've asked seller), also temps are not pulled from the internet but from the cars temp sensor

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I would really like to get the temp in F. But I think it would have to be some lower level OS/service modification. On the Tesla there is a locked menu that opens with code 7890 where this can be set. I found a locked menu on this one. DId anyone get the code yet?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yeah I would really like to get the temp in F. But I think it would have to be some lower level OS/service modification. On the Tesla there is a locked menu that opens with code 7890 where this can be set. I found a locked menu on this one. DId anyone get the code yet?
Its not in the locked menus I have been in both.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am thinking about getting this since it is way cheaper than a sync 3 swap.

For the GPS, does it have live traffic updates like google maps would on your phone? I am assuming I would need to buy the external 3g module to get this feature?

I am also assuming the factory rear view camera works with the supplied wire harnesses with this unit or do I need to buy the rear view camera upgrade as well?

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
This unit runs Android you can can run goggle maps or waze. The performance of either is not great on my device but I only have 1G of ram I am not sure if its the better on the 2G.

Rear camera works. I do not know about the 3G dongle.

I am thinking about getting this since it is way cheaper than a sync 3 swap.

For the GPS, does it have live traffic updates like google maps would on your phone? I am assuming I would need to buy the external 3g module to get this feature?

I am also assuming the factory rear view camera works with the supplied wire harnesses with this unit or do I need to buy the rear view camera upgrade as well?

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does yours get traffic information? That's why I was curious whether it needed the 3g for internet connection.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used here maps quite a bit with good success. I haven't used it on phone hotspot very much so I pulled the maps down over the garage WiFi. I would expect it to work well. (I have the 2G RAM.) The backup camera works great and produces a nice large image with the included connections.

Does yours get traffic information? That's why I was curious whether it needed the 3g for internet connection.
Sponsored