Sponsored

BBQ tick - another attempt to understand

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I concur with the BBQ. Check out my post.
Just watched your video (post # 7) in your thread and that doesn’t sound like BBQ Tick. BBQ Tick is intermittent and sounds like a gas grills push ignitor.
Sponsored

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind on my car, the dealer said they found scoring on cylinder #3 but that was just to get Ford to approve the short block. They told me they had to put something. SO in some cases I suspect the dealers aren't actually finding any damage and are just telling the customer they found something so they can get it all approved.
Check my post. Interesting

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just watched your video (post # 7) in your thread and that doesn’t sound like BBQ Tick. BBQ Tick is intermittent and sounds like a gas grills push ignitor.
Hilarious

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not exactly thrilled with the lack of attention to detail by Ford. It can be frustrating. I’ve been a machinist for years. And sometimes it’s disconcerting. I just happened to get the short straw this time. They’ll fix it. Hopefully lol

Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I’m not exactly thrilled with the lack of attention to detail by Ford. It can be frustrating. I’ve been a machinist for years. And sometimes it’s disconcerting. I just happened to get the short straw this time. They’ll fix it. Hopefully lol
Agreed. I bought an 03 Cobra new, the paint, fit and finish and build quality was top notch. My 16 GT is a lot more refined and rides better, has a lot more technology throughout but the build quality/ fit and finish is lacking. Happy to hear Ford’s trying to make it right atleast.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I just went down there to check what is going on, was supposed to cut filter open, waited 30 min and than was told wasnt happening today, mech pulled car in to run diagnostic tests on vehicle.. whatever that is.

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So for a
I just went down there to check what is going on, was supposed to cut filter open, waited 30 min and than was told wasnt happening today, mech pulled car in to run diagnostic tests on vehicle.. whatever that is.
noise that’s probably not going to show up anywhere. No check engine right? Then no. The proof is in the pudding. Or oil.

magneticgrey_manstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(No longer have this lemon, 2020 on its way) 2018 magnetic gt
Just read all 18 pages and my emotions went up and down like a rollercoaster :facepalm: . I'm on my 2nd 18 5.0, first one had entire clutch assembly replaced, driveshaft replaced(still didn't fix vibration) and components rear dif replaced, but no tick. All before the 1k break in was done. New 18 feels great, no performance issues but developed the tick around 800some miles. At 1500mi, switched to royal purple 5w30. Made no difference, I'm just under 2900mi currently. More common on cold start idles plus ac, but still hear it at times after a good drive and pinging off fast food drive through walls n such. Dealership almost made me lose my s#*t saying it's normal. I plan on going with turbos and this mess is holding me hostage. Don't know what to think anymore. Not much patience left in me after a 3 1/2 month lemon law replacement process

Sponsored

jordi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just bought a 2015 GT with 54k miles. Engine tick started after I changed to amsoil last weekend. Tonight I just changed it back to motor craft and the ticks a little quieter. I’m thinking about adding cera tec to see if it helps. Car has a Lund tune and PMAS intake but runs like a champ..

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Well, whatever this tick is, good, bad or of no consequence, it's present in 2019s. I've observed both the steady tick as well as the irregular tick on mine. Just over 1,000 miles. I guess we'll see how things progress over time....

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Just read all 18 pages and my emotions went up and down like a rollercoaster :facepalm: . I'm on my 2nd 18 5.0, first one had entire clutch assembly replaced, driveshaft replaced(still didn't fix vibration) and components rear dif replaced, but no tick. All before the 1k break in was done. New 18 feels great, no performance issues but developed the tick around 800some miles. At 1500mi, switched to royal purple 5w30. Made no difference, I'm just under 2900mi currently. More common on cold start idles plus ac, but still hear it at times after a good drive and pinging off fast food drive through walls n such. Dealership almost made me lose my s#*t saying it's normal. I plan on going with turbos and this mess is holding me hostage. Don't know what to think anymore. Not much patience left in me after a 3 1/2 month lemon law replacement process
Same boat, no supercharger for me.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
It kind-of pisses me off. With a new car you shouldn't be having any issues at all, much less wondering if your engine is destined for problems right out of the box. Not good for your look, Ford. If this goes south I'll be done with domestics (one and done, more or less).