Convertibles Photos Thread

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thanks Derek.... I actually meant 20mm.. I guess some of the horror stories i've heard about spacers coming loose and constantly having to worry about rechecking the torque kind of scared me away from them. I love the look of the CS rims- much more so than the stock rims on my coupe, but really want the tires more flush with the fenders.. What brand spacers did you buy and do you have to check them periodically? I know that hub centric is the way to go..
Hey Lorne, You will get both side of the adapter (spacer) argument, but personally I have had no issues with mine. I did a lot of reading on the subject before purchasing mine. I found a set on ebay…..yes, I know.. :), but after doing a lot of looking and reading, I concluded the ones I purchased had the same grade aluminum and the same grade lugs as the lugs on my hubs. After I installed, I drove for 100 miles or so and rechecked my torque. All were good and I still periodically check....never had an issue....so far. I used some anti-seize between the hubs and the adapters as some members here have had their adapters 'Stick' to their hubs and this may be an issue if you ever want to remove them.

Here is a link to a thread I started on the subject some time ago. Its long, but there is a lot of good info in it, including the ebay link to the adapters I purchased.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wheel-spacers-20mm-or-25mm.72987/

I am am neither recommending or discouraging the purchase of the spacers I purchased, just giving as much info as I can to let you make your own informed decision.:like:
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Lorne, You will get both side of the adapter (spacer) argument, but personally I have had no issues with mine. I did a lot of reading on the subject before purchasing mine. I found a set on ebay…..yes, I know.. :), but after doing a lot of looking and reading, I concluded the ones I purchased had the same grade aluminum and the same grade lugs as the lugs on my hubs. After I installed, I drove for 100 miles or so and rechecked my torque. All were good and I still periodically check....never had an issue....so far. I used some anti-seize between the hubs and the adapters as some members here have had their adapters 'Stick' to their hubs and this may be an issue if you ever want to remove them.

Here is a link to a thread I started on the subject some time ago. Its long, but there is a lot of good info in it, including the ebay link to the adapters I purchased.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wheel-spacers-20mm-or-25mm.72987/

I am am neither recommending or discouraging the purchase of the spacers I purchased, just giving as much info as I can to let you make your own informed decision.:like:
Awesome, thanks Derek. Really appreciate it.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
It's a popular Photoshop that people do. Take a photo with the hood up, photo with hood closed (both on tripod), overlay, mask, change opacity. Bam. I WOULD like a proper transparent hood but would probably be far more than I would be interested in spending.
IMG_7972-HDR.jpg
IMG_7977.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took delivery of the GT yesterday. For the time being, got two of these beauties at home.
44279843_10104575905326028_6206365529565822976_o.jpg
Very nice! What are your plans moving forward? Going to keep both? Also...What is your impression of the GT Vert vs the Eco?

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Well, I've only had the GT for about 27 hours but already put most of my mods back on and I've had a chance to drive it a bit.

Stock, it's faster than my modded EB (Roush CAI, Roush axle-backs, custom MAK Performance tune). Quick and dirty 0-60 gave me 5.3 seconds v. my best time on the EB was 6.0. Steering feels stiffer, more sporty like on the BMWs. This is not a PP car, so not sure why. I already had a strut tower brace on the EB, so that's not it. Maybe the larger wheels (20" v 18") or maybe something inherently different in the GT platform that makes it stiffer to drive and overall fee more like a sport car? Engine rumble is beautiful, but not loud enough compared to my EB with the Roush stuff. Will have to do something about it. I do miss the turbo noise a little bit, specially with that Roush CAI. But I can learn to live without it and just with the V8 rumble :-)

Plan is to sell the EB as soon as possible. Already have most mods removed, and Friday morning most of the performance stuff is being swapped to my best friend's EB coupe. Then car will be going for sale based on KBB recommended sale value, whatever that turns out to be.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Took delivery of the GT yesterday. For the time being, got two of these beauties at home.
44279843_10104575905326028_6206365529565822976_o.jpg
Get lots of pics while you can. Most things look better in two’s. and I will leave that statement right there.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Get lots of pics while you can. Most things look better in two’s. and I will leave that statement right there.
Just ask Bill!:like:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Co
Well, I've only had the GT for about 27 hours but already put most of my mods back on and I've had a chance to drive it a bit.

Stock, it's faster than my modded EB (Roush CAI, Roush axle-backs, custom MAK Performance tune). Quick and dirty 0-60 gave me 5.3 seconds v. my best time on the EB was 6.0. Steering feels stiffer, more sporty like on the BMWs. This is not a PP car, so not sure why. I already had a strut tower brace on the EB, so that's not it. Maybe the larger wheels (20" v 18") or maybe something inherently different in the GT platform that makes it stiffer to drive and overall fee more like a sport car? Engine rumble is beautiful, but not loud enough compared to my EB with the Roush stuff. Will have to do something about it. I do miss the turbo noise a little bit, specially with that Roush CAI. But I can learn to live without it and just with the V8 rumble :-)

Plan is to sell the EB as soon as possible. Already have most mods removed, and Friday morning most of the performance stuff is being swapped to my best friend's EB coupe. Then car will be going for sale based on KBB recommended sale value, whatever that turns out to be.
Thanks for the insight.. I actually feel like my vert is more composed and sportier than my GT coupe was; just seems to maneuver around better. I have never driven an EB myself, but really need to go to a dealership and do that sometime. I've just never considered it an option as I wanted the GT. Lots of options for after market exhausts out there. I am still waiting for a Corsa Active Exhaust myself. I know that Ford Performance does have one available now as well.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I want to do some badass photoshoot here or there with both cars. But with two little ones and planning a quadruple birthday this Saturday (tomorrow), I have barely had chance to work on the car at night by flashlight. Car is officially as stock now as it's ever going to be, so now i'm going to be posting it for sale, taking it (hopefully both) to Cars n Coffee this Sunday with a for sale sign, and i'm also going to get an appraisal at CarMax on Sunday noon. Maybe Sunday evening I can do a photoshoot of sorts.
Sponsored