Sponsored

SHOW ME YOUR STRIPES for Convertibles - What do you have or have planned??

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Here are my stripes on my yellow convertible 2015. :)

IMG_2406.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2455.JPG
Not a fan of whole cars in chameleon but as stripes on a yellow S550 AWESOME!
Sponsored

Big

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I'm old, so I just had some rocker stripes added by a local graphics shop. See my profile picture.

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't normally like verts. But your vert is done up right!:like:
If you look the look you will like the motor build happening now. L&M Sleeved Short Block, Kooks Heads, Fore Fuel System, 2.65 VMP SC, etc, etc.

Sponsored

supertrainguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I'm also considering one of these designs on the sides:

IDK which one I like better. Help??? I'm leaning to the first smaller one.

bb58061b-fec1-4962-9143-56400b692992-2.jpg
s-l300.jpg

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I personal am not a fine of any side striping. Did you check out www.bigwormgraphix.com. Lots of choices and photos. When I bought my convertible, they did not have a kit yet for the PP. So I purchased one of their kits anyway and used it as template for custom striping to be done to fit my car.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just have these plain old stripes, but I love them. :)
That’s a great shot Gelly!!!! I have tried getting a good full frontal of mine, but for some reason it always look like the nose is bulked up. But this shot looks great. :rockon:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That’s a great shot Gelly!!!! I have tried getting a good full frontal of mine, but for some reason it always look like the nose is bulked up.
Try taking the pic from farther away. Optical zoom, lots of megapixels and a steady hold help.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Try taking the pic from farther away. Optical zoom, lots of megapixels and a steady hold help.
I think I need a course in photography.:crackup: But will try that. Thanx for the tip. :like:

drummergelly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
That’s a great shot Gelly!!!! I have tried getting a good full frontal of mine, but for some reason it always look like the nose is bulked up. But this shot looks great. :rockon:
Thanks, it's actually done by a local photographer, I met her at some local events and she sends me photos through Instagram. I've done that with a few photographers and it's gotten some of the best pictures of my car without having to do a photo shoot. Plus, I help them get more views/followers on Instagram and they help me gain more views as well. Not that my views are important, but I like helping people like amateur photographers grow their passion. This bottom pic was sent to me by a different photographer and turned out to be one of my favorites of the car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think I need a course in photography.:crackup: But will try that. Thanx for the tip. :like:
I don't know much about photography and I may be wrong here. I think what causes the parts of the subject closest to the camera to appear larger than things further away is the fact camera lens is so narrow. If the lens was wider or you are farther away, the angle make them seem closer to there true size. You have relatively little control of the size of the lens but can often move a lot further from the subject. I made the attached to (poorly) illustrate this. The yellow circles are the camera. The parallel grey lines represent how much of the picture width will be filled by the width of the car and by the greenhouse when the camera is at different distances. As you can see, the closer the camera is, the wider the closest parts seem.

Perspective.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I don't know much about photography and I may be wrong here. I think what causes the parts of the subject closest to the camera to appear larger than things further away is the fact camera lens is so narrow. If the lens was wider or you are farther away, the angle make them seem closer to there true size. You have relatively little control of the size of the lens but can often move a lot further from the subject. I made the attached to (poorly) illustrate this. The yellow circles are the camera. The parallel grey lines represent how much of the picture width will be filled by the width of the car and by the greenhouse when the camera is at different distances. As you can see, the closer the camera is, the wider the closest parts seem.

Perspective.jpg
As you, I don’t know much either. But you illustration makes sense to me anyway..... for what that’s worth. :crackup:

But here is a typical front pic for me. As you can plainly see, the shnoz of my car in this pic looks way out of proportion. This pic was taken as close to the car as I could get in order to get the full width in the pic.

I think I need to be lower as well:crazy:
7B3B9631-AB91-4C81-9018-7D3C6921EAD9.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As you, I don’t know much either. But you illustration makes sense to me anyway..... for what that’s worth. :crackup:

But here is a typical front pic for me. As you can plainly see, the shnoz of my car in this pic looks way out of proportion. This pic was taken as close to the car as I could get in order to get the full width in the pic.
7B3B9631-AB91-4C81-9018-7D3C6921EAD9.jpeg
I think getting farther away would fix that but then the car won't fill the picture unless you crop it afterwards or zoom in when taking. Either make any movement even more detrimental to clarity. Cropping hurts resolution. For cell phones or cheap cameras/lenses, you won't have much optical zoom (digital zoom is the equivalent of cropping afterwards).
Sponsored