OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Its always fun when some guy runs out and buys their first mustang. Joins a forum. The posts the same wacky sh!t. They've been saying for the last 25 yrs.
Just because I just joined the forum has nothing to do with me buying my first mustang. You can see in my signature that this isn't my first. I'm now on my 4th mustang btw.
Secondly all the information I have is from two people that were at the dealer reveal earlier this week.

One of them being the person that took the picture of the GT500...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang looking SUV, 4 door Mustang. If that's true the Mustang just becomes the name for Fords new corporate identity.

Also a Ford against an A7 and panamera? Guess this Ford guy obviously never sat in these cars if he thinks a Ford can be on par...
I currently own a Audi Q5.. This is just the information I received from the two guys that were at the dealer reveal earlier this week.

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Yet here you are disclosing information. Nice try cupcake go drum up drama somewhere else.
Psh I didn't sign anything or reveal names so im gucci

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
...a Ford against an A7 and panamera? Guess this Ford guy obviously never sat in these cars if he thinks a Ford can be on par...
Well, of course not. A base Audi A7 is, what, almost $70,000; a base Panamera, over $80,000?! With this, Ford is undoubtedly trying to capitalize on the success of the Mustang abroad — success that has seen it outsell offerings from the aforementioned German manufacturers.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So the Maverick is making a comeback... Cool... I guess.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Build the 4 door Turbo v8 Mustang, and call it a Falcon or Thunderbird. Doesn't need to be a Mustang.

Here is what I say Ford Motor Company should do:

Build a 4-door "hatchback" Mustang... but market it to a different crowd, under different circumstances under the Lincoln's upscale branding, as the Lincoln Merkur biturbo…!

A performance hatchback in that size would compete directly with ALL hatchbacks in the upscale market. Ford could hit Porsche with an American uppercut. (Perhaps starting at $50k w/magneride standard..!)

Mustang platform, Lincoln branding & marketing. Lincoln needs a halo model & a hatchback version of a Mustang would do wonders for it's Brand visibility and sales.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
4 D V8 Turbo Mustang to compete against the luxury 4 D market?

I would by that.

i would buy that in a fkin heart beat and park it right next to my coupe.

I have actually be ASKING for this for years since the Charger SRT 8 is the only game in town and the Chevy SS was a total flop.

Do it...do it now. Do it.
2018-ford-mustang-sedan.jpg

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Mustang looking SUV, 4 door Mustang. If that's true the Mustang just becomes the name for Fords new corporate identity.

Also a Ford against an A7 and panamera? Guess this Ford guy obviously never sat in these cars if he thinks a Ford can be on par...
If it has 4 doors, is faster or can even keep up with them and has a nice option list...it wont HAVE to be as nice. You don't know how many times i have almost bought a hell cat Charger as it is...

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
My problem with this: noone desires/looks twice at a 4 door car. Who cares about that thing. They can be nice, they can be fast, but no one gives two craps about one. Seriously, take the Charger. I was at the most recent Carlisle PA Dodge show...those aisles might as well have had tumbleweed going up and down them. They had a "ride in a Hellcat" thing going on too. If you got stuck with the Charger versus a Challenger, it was like getting a damn consolation prize at the fair. I saw people try to swap in line. Viper and Challenger rows...different story. My wife, a total non-car person, doesn't even consider a Panamera or Porsche SUV a real Porsche...lol. She sees the allure of the traditional sports car versions though. Ford is making a big mistake if this is true. Electric...I can somewhat see that argument...four door or SUV, not so much. I would rather see the nameplate die to be honest as it will be dead except in name only. I would never have a four door Mustang or SUV sitting in my garage...the day this happens I will just go to some cheap ass Nissan sedan to get from A to B once my 2016 goes under.
Some want a coupe for themselves and something with 4 doors to get 4 people in for trips etc and get darn near the same thrills out of.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I currently own a Audi Q5.. This is just the information I received from the two guys that were at the dealer reveal earlier this week.
I didn't mean you, I meant the Ford heads who think they can rival a Porsche ;D

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Just because I just joined the forum has nothing to do with me buying my first mustang. You can see in my signature that this isn't my first. I'm now on my 4th mustang btw.
Secondly all the information I have is from two people that were at the dealer reveal earlier this week.

One of them being the person that took the picture of the GT500...
True that. I just joined and i had a 65 289 2 barrel, an 02GT, an 05v6, a 10GT base, ...another 10 GT Track Pack, an 11 GTCS an 11 GT500 and now an 18 A10. Being new here doesn't make a person a mustang newb.....

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Well, of course not. A base Audi A7 is, what, almost $70,000; a base Panamera, over $80,000?! With this, Ford is undoubtedly trying to capitalize on the success of the Mustang abroad — success that has seen it outsell offerings from the aforementioned German manufacturers.
If it was a V8 forced induction with 4 seats and a nice long list of options. I would go deep into the 50s for one easy. If it looked and sounded good, i might even dip my feet into an even 60. I didn't bat an eye when My GT 500 was in the 50s years ago nor did i bat an eye for a raptor that was almost 60. Heck, i already have into the mid to high 40s in a base mustang (I am modding it).
Sponsored