Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
These photos and the ensuing comments remind me of when the M2 was released. “Boring”. “Not different enough from the M235i.”

...then in person the M2 was a beast to behold. I’m guessing the huge shoulders and fender flares of the GT500 will be incredible and folks’ tunes will change. Hopefully the aggressive bulges will justify the loss of the GT350 fender flares (I love these).
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
These photos and the ensuing comments remind me of when the M2 was released. “Boring”. “Not different enough from the M235i.”

...then in person the M2 was a beast to behold.
Without the quad tips I think most people have no chance to differentiate a M235i from a M2 :wink:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Wow ! The leaked pictures made my day. In two months, we should see some great pictures in the mags.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I can't understand all of the angst over a couple of poor quality phone photos from an angle in which NO ONE EVER sees a car. No one lays on their belly to look at their car from that angle. At least wait until we get better shots to make your judgement. And once it's released for a year or two, everyone will love it and in 5-6 years everyone will be talking about how ugly the S650 GT500 is and how badass the S550 GT500 is and how it's the pinnacle of performance and looks and all that jazz.

Mr & Mrs Shrek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave and Beth
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
A truly horrible front and now side with no vents. The GT350 is perfection.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Price? Would expect it to pretty much be in Shelby Super Snake neighborhood as that's pretty much what it is. Then with all the blood sucking ADM dealers (and let's not forget those stupid enough to pay it). The thing will be priced in the GT3 neighborhood.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
i would say that's acceptable, but what happened to the DCT? hmmm
Yeah, that would be a huge changeup from what we've been hearing - and heck, I thought it was a great differentiator in the Supercharged-V8-RWD marketspace - maybe real photos but wrong information about the DCT?

@BmacIL Well ... ? :D

Last edited:

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Here hoping those HP numbers are right.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here hoping those HP numbers are right.
+1. High 700s are more what I would expect in order to put a boot on Chevy/Dodge's necks. Maybe that's why the DCT is going in the round file?

I also think offering both an auto and a manual is a great idea.

I much prefer a manual/auto optioned GT500 with close to 800 hp over a DCT only car with low 700s. I think the market will like this better than what we were hearing previously.

Hopefully the information is correct.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It would be a disappointment to see this car not have at least 800HP. 780 is so close and could easily be upped to 800 which is what this car needs and every potential owner wants.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It would be a disappointment to see this car not have at least 800HP. 780 is so close and could easily be upped to 800 which is what this car needs and every potential owner wants.
It's more important that it has usable horsepower than to just hit a number for marketing purposes.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
This blacked-out front grill garbage needs to stop.
Agreed... I really can't think of a single car that wouldn't look better with a completely painted bumper

Coming from a fan of BMW... it does look boring, because almost ALL of their cars look boring. The ones that aren't are cars like the Z4 and new 8 series (beautiful) or the i3 and i8 (hideous). But that's kind of the beauty of BMW... they all look kind of bland, but they are (or were) incredible to drive

I can't understand all of the angst over a couple of poor quality phone photos from an angle in which NO ONE EVER sees a car. No one lays on their belly to look at their car from that angle. At least wait until we get better shots to make your judgement. And once it's released for a year or two, everyone will love it and in 5-6 years everyone will be talking about how ugly the S650 GT500 is and how badass the S550 GT500 is and how it's the pinnacle of performance and looks and all that jazz.
I would agree with this if we hadn't already seen renderings that reflect just about every design cue used on this car. We've already seen the car from many different angles in form of renderings that were pretty much spot on to this exact car. This just confirms the feelings we had about the car from seeing the renderings

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Why? What would be the point? It's not streetable power. Just a penis measuring number in my opinion.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It's more important that it has usable horsepower than to just hit a number for marketing purposes.
it would be useable on a strip with good DRs. on the street, not so much.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
The consensus seems to me that everyone wants, 800+hp, DCT, wide body fenders, carbon fiber aero, and a 69k starting price. One can't happen without sacrificing another.
Sponsored