Sponsored

Keeping 5G Buckets Warm During Cold Months

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
So Winter is going to hit soon, and while the temperature won't hit below freezing (because washing your car during freezing weather is both stupid and dangerous) washing a car in 45F weather isn't fun when you're dipping your hands in cold water. Anyone know of a way to keep the buckets warm while I wash? I put hot water in to begin with, but it cools rapidly (Google: Newton's law of cooling) and I end up slinging water every in a rush trying to clean up the vehicle as fast as I can. Making me both cold and wet with a crappy wash job to boot. I use 5 gallon home depot buckets to wash my car. Any bucket warmers?
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Clean wheels, rinse, foam, THEN fill buckets. Other than that, wash faster. Should only take about 5 min to carefully hand wash a car.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
the up to the elbow rubber cleaning gloves will absolutely help your hands get through the cooling water

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Metal bucket with a heating element

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Use an old ice chest or old cooler for your wash bucket...Just fill with warm/hot water and it will stay warm for quite a while. I have an old Igloo cooler and it is perfect for keeping the water warm while washing in cold weather.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I have been using touchless car washes lately and they work just as good as handwashing imo

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have been using touchless car washes lately and they work just as good as handwashing imo
I put my Shelby GT350 in a touchless car wash myself. I must say, sometimes even 3 times. LMAO ends up being a $30 dollar wash, however, it's touchless, I don't get wet and have to deal with the cold, and nor is anyone placing reused rags onto the paint. $30 dollars sounds better than a $75 dollar visit to the doctor for getting a cold after washing the car. I will admit, I do review the paint and find any spots that didn't remove the soap all the way and use a waterless wash to remove it. However, takes a second to do versus an hour of hand washing it to detail.

Last edited:

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Holiday gas station Touchless Unlimited Wash barcode pass FTW!!

Farmers have the roads trashed and trust me they are losing money on me. Sometimes I do hotlaps around the gas station and send it through twice.

I mean why not its $30 bucks a month. Barcoade sticker on windshield dont have to get out dont have to do a single thing. Roll up watch screen once it says processed pull ahead. Best money spent every month ever!!

Chevy deapership here has a big 2 lane wide car wash tunnel but it slaps the piss out of your car and folds mirrors in NOPE the GMs can have that junk wash. I dont understand why people would go through any gateway to hell thats NOT a touchless wash with their vehicles!!

My babys NEVER dirty !! haha!!

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
I run a couple of hoses out the back door, so i can run hot, or warm, >soft< water and just get car wet, (soak the bugs) and gently rub car down with good car shampoo, then either blow dry it, or use adams microfiber towels to dry, for me, drying takes way long. its nice having the warmer water, i can hand wash almost down to freezing....

Sponsored

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
46B3194C-82B9-4952-B1FA-46AF45CCE9C5.jpeg

I have been thinking about putting in one of these frostless hot cold mixing valves. Then I could wash and rinse with warm water. Then when I’m done I could pull it in my insulated garage and dry it.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I thank my "lucky stars", I live on the coastal bend of Texas when winter comes. I two bucket washed my pony yesterday & it's raining this morning as if on schedule, frick. Some good ideas here though.