Sponsored

Leaked GT500 Pics and specs from dealer meeting today!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So who's going to get fired for this leak too since they had to sign NDAs and what not
Funny because the 2nd dude who leaked pics from a different angle IMMEDIATLEY took his down. Both are very young guys.
Sponsored

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Definitely two years late. I think ford did that to preserve the GT350s value. At least that'd be the only logical explanation.

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Front Bumper looks like a Chinese aftermarket, with a name like predator dragon bumper. No side vents wtf!!!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with likeaboss that it looks 2 years late to the party.

It does, however, look EXACTLY like the renderings, stupid black bumper bar and all. Not digging the wing from that angle either... it may just be the potato pic, the angle of the picture, or the lighting, but it looks more like the wing of a Subaru STI than a GT4 wing with the pedistals being all the way outboard. Here’s to hoping the performance is at least good enough to match the ZL1 1LE!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with likeaboss that it looks 2 years late to the party.

It does, however, look EXACTLY like the renderings, stupid black bumper bar and all. Not digging the wing from that angle either... it may just be the potato pic, the angle of the picture, or the lighting, but it looks more like the wing of a Subaru STI than a GT4 wing with the pedistals being all the way outboard. Here’s to hoping the performance is at least good enough to match the ZL1 1LE!

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Why keep the non led side markers ughhh

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The car looks amazing! God so many salty 18 owners in here saying it's ugly etc. The 15 front end is more aero and it looks better to me than the 18. No need to bash it though it will be a beast.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
That has a big enough snout to feed a Kenworth Diesel! But I like it!

CVCashmere

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I hate that painted black part in the middle of the bumper. i can't believe they are doing that ugly (imo) trend people have been doing with painting or dipping or wrapping the center black. looks like veloster turbo

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well 780hp is more like what is needed with what the competition has in hp 720 just wasn't going to get it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The front is pretty neat and matches what we've been seeing - the body is sort of boring, expected way more pronounced fenders and/or something that made them stand out over a GT (or even the GT350 ), they may be wider, but visually it kind of looks the same. Heck, the vents on the front fenders of the GT350 look way better, though I realize this is a pretty poor photo to make too many judgements.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
A few random thoughts...
As pointed out, interesting that there are no front fender vents, if that is true, then fail. Personally, I think the GT350R is the pinnacle in design in the S550 generation. I’m more interested in the C8 over this 4000+lb car. Also, as pointed out, this is 2yrs too late. Not sure why GM wouldn’t just throw the LT5 in the ZL1, which then makes the GT500 nothing special to anyone but blue oval die hards.
Sponsored