TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I am debating whether or not to spend the money on my 2019 GT with PP1 w/o Magne-Ride and upgrade the suspension to the Steeda kit below or trade it in later for a model with Magne-Ride and maybe even a PP2 package. I would like to play around on the track a bit with it. Any thoughts from people with first-hand knowledge of both Magne-Ride and the Steeda package?

G/Trac Suspension Upgrades - Stage II "The Ultimate" Suspension Package

• Steeda Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs
  • Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars with "welded in place" solid Billet Ends
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Front Sway Bar Mounts
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Rear Sway Bar Mounts
  • Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
  • Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
  • Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace
  • Steeda Bump Steer Kit
  • Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Brace
  • Steeda Camber Plates
  • Steeda Tuned Struts & Shocks
  • Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
  • Steeda Performance Wheel Alignment
I also need to replace the tires for the winter and plan to go with Michelin A/S 3's and am looking for recommendations on the best wheel and tire size to go with given that the kit above would lower the car 3/4" or so.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Although I'm sure that the above would best the MR out on a track, it might not be quite as comfortable on the street. That being said, a lot of those components will also work on an MR car, just with a set of springs designed for that instead. Not sure if they've released the Competition spring for those yet, but I know there are already the Sport springs.

Don't have first hand experience with either, just spitballing based on how well Steeda equipped cars (including their own) do across a number of events.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'll throw my 02 in. I went from a 2015 GTPP(same suspension as a 18 w/o MR) to a 18 GTPP with mag ride. The mag ride 100% worth it. My 15 had the cradle lock out, diff bushings, SP080 springs, spherical vertical links and some other add ons. In normal mode, the car feels as good as my 15 with all its add ons. In track mode, it feels even better and I can still add other other shit plus if you like drag racing, in drag mode, it actually softens the rear dampers for a better launch. So track days and drag racing are covered.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I am debating whether or not to spend the money on my 2019 GT with PP1 w/o Magne-Ride and upgrade the suspension to the Steeda kit below or trade it in later for a model with Magne-Ride and maybe even a PP2 package. I would like to play around on the track a bit with it. Any thoughts from people with first-hand knowledge of both Magne-Ride and the Steeda package?

G/Trac Suspension Upgrades - Stage II "The Ultimate" Suspension Package

• Steeda Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs
  • Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars with "welded in place" solid Billet Ends
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Front Sway Bar Mounts
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Rear Sway Bar Mounts
  • Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
  • Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links
  • Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
  • Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace
  • Steeda Bump Steer Kit
  • Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Brace
  • Steeda Camber Plates
  • Steeda Tuned Struts & Shocks
  • Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
  • Steeda Performance Wheel Alignment
I also need to replace the tires for the winter and plan to go with Michelin A/S 3's and am looking for recommendations on the best wheel and tire size to go with given that the kit above would lower the car 3/4" or so.
The package above will be faster on the road course than the Mangeride set up. With a great ride quality.
billyjohnson_PBIR_Forums (002).png
palm beach.jpg

Last edited:

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Having Magneride is awesome, it's worth every penny. Especially with Ford Performance's mangeride upgrade package (MR tune, sway bars, springs) coming. You can go with that and add the rest of the steeda parts listed, it may be a little more $$$ in the long run but I think it will edge their non-MR suspension.

For wheels get a separate set with the Michelins A/S or Continential DWS06s and swap when it warms up and cools down, it will lower wear on each set. I do this now and definitely feel like the A/S suck during the summer months but actually perform well in the cold months.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I track with basically all of the above Steeda bits and more and have been around Road Atlanta significantly faster than two different PP2 cars thus far -- driver skill and familiarity with the track is always different and the variation was multiple seconds so I'm sure their skill was not to my level, which is "late Intermediate" so to speak. My package (see build log) is very streetable (I live downtown Atlanta), especially while on my factory 40 aspect Conti DWS AS tires but certainly still with my usual 35 aspect Conti Sport tires (on different wheels). That said, the PP2 magnaride setup is nicely done for someone looking to do occasional track days here and there + daily drive the car + someone who'd appreciate push-button setting variations in those contexts. I would just recommend buying a set of take off PP1 wheels (or wheels of choice) and daily driving on regular summer or AS tires + investing in Steeda IRS and front subframe bracing + camber plates + magnaride lowering springs (if a lowered ride height is desired) early on. Budget things like Steeda sway bars, front control arm improvements, and bearing (bushing replacement) items that'll further improve the car as you advance as a driver and decide to advance the car along with you. Personally I don't see the point of the PP1 with magnaride but you can start there, too.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'd put whatever tires you end up with for your winter-season driving on the OE PP wheels and work up something wider and closer to 'square' for the rest of the year and the track time. Your 255/40's could still be used on 10" wide wheels if you want to get a season or two out of them.

Norm

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'd put whatever tires you end up with for your winter-season driving on the OE PP wheels and work up something wider and closer to 'square' for the rest of the year and the track time. Your 255/40's could still be used on 10" wide wheels if you want to get a season or two out of them.

Norm
Norm has the right idea here. If you need a second set of wheels for winter duty, dont put good money towards new wheels in stock/narrow widths, use your existing stock wheels for winter duty and get some high quality, wide, lighter than stock, square wheels in 10” or wider sizes for track or sporting use and keep the all-seasons on the narrower stock wheels. You can even get square 11” wide wheels with the right supporting mods.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all the great replies. I guess the question for me partially is whether or not there is enough value in Magne-Ride to trade in my existing non-Magne-Ride '19 for one that has it or if the aftermarket would be the better deal overall especially given the loss I would probably see on trade-in.

I know this may be a subjective call but if someone were setting up a Mustang to perform at its best on the track, and it was still used as a daily driver, would they eventually replace the Magne-Ride for aftermarket?

Where does the upgraded Steeda kit put the Mustang with respect to a Camaro or Corvette in overall lateral acceleration?

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Thank you for all the great replies. I guess the question for me partially is whether or not there is enough value in Magne-Ride to trade in my existing non-Magne-Ride '19 for one that has it or if the aftermarket would be the better deal overall especially given the loss I would probably see on trade-in.

I know this may be a subjective call but if someone were setting up a Mustang to perform at its best on the track, and it was still used as a daily driver, would they eventually replace the Magne-Ride for aftermarket?

Where does the upgraded Steeda kit put the Mustang with respect to a Camaro or Corvette in overall lateral acceleration?
Would just stick with what you got for now and build off of that, there are plenty of aftermarket shocks or coil overs that rival the magneride system. If you were in the market for a new car I would get the magneride. Your gonna lose more than you will gain trading a 19 for a 19 with magneride.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Up to some point, I'd expect a MR car to get an aftermarket MR controller with user-definable mapping. I don't know what sort of upper limit on spring rate the OE MR dampers themselves are good to, but I am assuming that a limit does exist.

You need to set some limits on what you want "at its best on the track" to mean. Steeda or comparable "big spring" rates? Or stiffer, up there in the realm of readily available coilover spring rates? How much street to track and back to street tweaking are you willing to do? Wheels & tires and adjusting shocks/struts or switching between MR mappings would be a given, but what about changing alignment and sta-bar settings?

Norm

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
So, for now, I just ordered:
  • Steeda S550 Pro Action Adjustable Shocks and Struts
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mounts
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Adjustable Bumpstop Kit
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs
In a few months, I will order the rest of the kit and see where I sit.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
So, for now, I just ordered:
  • Steeda S550 Pro Action Adjustable Shocks and Struts
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Rear Shock Mounts
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Adjustable Bumpstop Kit
  • Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs
In a few months, I will order the rest of the kit and see where I sit.
Awesome setup! For what it’s worth, I think you made the right choice by keeping your current car and upgrading.
Sponsored