OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I don't care how pretty the girl is, if she calls my penis small, I'm done. That can only mean she's stuffing a 2 liter bottle in there. I mean, how can I compete with that?!

Fut that noise man. If you have no kids, Now is the time to bail.

My wife has NEVER said that. It was actually a joke from my family. I definitely wouldn't disappoint my wife like that hahahaha
Sponsored

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found the model I want. 2018 PP with premium and active exhaust. 44k MSRP. Website has it listed at 37 but the car has 5600 miles on it. I was there a decent amount of time but nobody approached me so I left. 6 speed and black. Looks amazing

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
OP, just one piece of advice for you. Try and find your happiness within yourself. Nothing wrong with getting a car you enjoy but if that is the only way to find mental peace in your life, you need to work on that. It could lead you down a rabbit hole of "bad" financial decisions in pursuit of the happiness you crave.

As for your questions, as long as you don't get a PP car, then the 2017 winter wheels work fine. If you do get a PP car, then unless the winter wheels were on a 2017 PP car, the fronts might not work.
Lots of wisdom here. Fortunately for me, I waited until I could afford the car I wanted. I'm happy in every way and I enjoy the smiles from the people that get to enjoy the car with me as well.

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
dude, don't be discouraged by the negative comments. i went from 2016 GT PP to a BMW X3 30i and 2 months later traded that in for a 2018 GT PP1 which is black. it's called a mistake.

we've all seen the movie cool runnings and the most famous comment about sport, competition life etc... if you're not enough without a gold medal, you'll never be enough with one. that's true, and as long as you keep that in mind you'll be alright.

along the way in life we typically have 1 or 2 or maybe 3 or more (if you're lucky) things that make us feel well, happy. but more importantly, these are not just "things". they are opportunities. opportunities to do other things, to expand our horizons, to understand sacrifices, hard work, perseverance, learning from mistakes, expanding our education and knowledge... opportunities. things we are passionate about. would you trade your mustang for your wife? trade it for food if you had kids that needed to eat? i'm sure you would, so you're just fine.

ok - for tires/wheels. go over to tirerack and see what wheel sizes they suggest. then go to americanmuscle.com and email them or look on their site for wheels that will fit the performance pack 2019. it's the clearance on the brembo calipers that you need to be worried about. on my 2016 i got 4 18" rims for winter tires from americanmuscle and emailed them to be sure they'd clear, no spacers or anything like that - just plug and play. non-stagger.

i got my gt and it's noticeably different than the 2016. i never drove a 2017. new tires are michelin vs pirelli and i love the michelins! quieter and softer but still firm. oh, not sure if the 17's were loud mufflers but damn the 18 sounds awesome and louder than my 16. quad tip exhaust i guess. i might have wanted the exhaust mode switch, but i think i'm ok with the neighbors :) i wanted dark grey, but got black and just as happy about it! got a deal because end of year and 2500 cash back on top of that from ford! also, i have a tick and a rattle, but you know what? not worried about it because i have 5 years engine warranty. i'll drive it the way i drive it and maybe even track 2 or 3 times a year. if it fails it'll get fixed. i never mod either, not since my wrx which was awesome too! had that car 10 years! to me the gt pp's don't need to be modded. finally, i never get options except for the performance pack. options are not what this car is about.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Interesting way of stating you simply crashed your car. I was driving in the same rain that day on fairly bald RE-71Rs so I remember your post quite well. Don't make excuses of hurricane, own up to it. And yes, you can enjoy Type R a lot without going to jail - come autocross with us, you will have a lot of fun (regardless of what car you end up owning). -> cincyscca.com

What are you winter wheels ? If you had 18", they likely will not fit over the brakes in the PP model. Fitments between 15-17 and 18+ are exactly the same though. I had set of winter wheels on 18" OEM rims and had to sell them after getting new car.

There was a ton of Shadow Black 18s around here (Lebanon, King's) - seems like nobody wants them and having to deal with wife's shadow black F-150 I exactly know why.
I love magnaride on '18 but good luck finding one with it.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
If you had a Magnetic Turbo with the Performance Package you would hear, "that is a sexy Mustang", "you're hung like a Donkey", and "you make great financial decisions".

Just kidding brah, just don't put a really load exhaust on your car, that is a sign that you suffer from baby dick syndrome.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I sold my 15GTPP base awhile back when my wife was accepted to graduate school. Ditching the car payment just made sense for us.

I already told her when she graduates, I want another one. I’ve owned a lot of different manufacturer’s performance vehicles, and I really did enjoy my S550 the best. Next time around I either want to go loaded GTPP premium and twin turbo it or maybe if I’m good I can talk her into a GT350.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting way of stating you simply crashed your car. I was driving in the same rain that day on fairly bald RE-71Rs so I remember your post quite well. Don't make excuses of hurricane, own up to it. And yes, you can enjoy Type R a lot without going to jail - come autocross with us, you will have a lot of fun (regardless of what car you end up owning). -> cincyscca.com

What are you winter wheels ? If you had 18", they likely will not fit over the brakes in the PP model. Fitments between 15-17 and 18+ are exactly the same though. I had set of winter wheels on 18" OEM rims and had to sell them after getting new car.

There was a ton of Shadow Black 18s around here (Lebanon, King's) - seems like nobody wants them and having to deal with wife's shadow black F-150 I exactly know why.
I love magnaride on '18 but good luck finding one with it.
I did own up to it? Both in the post and the original post I made. It was clearly my fault for the speed I was going and the tires. I don't know why this is even being commented on, outside of just being a jerk to be a jerk. Whatever works.

I've been looking into both dealers. Kings suuuucks though.
Sponsored