bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If your tuned you should beat a stock civic both races. Stop into the drag section. And see what kind of numbers the EB boys are putting up with a tune.
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
We all have to remember the type r is a manual FWD car. On the street good luck launching that thing. An auto ecoboost would be pretty on par. If its tuned it might even get the win

OP
OP
Kaw8787

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
That’s the thing about the type R, from the videos I’ve seen the fwd part is very well managed

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We all have to remember the type r is a manual FWD car. On the street good luck launching that thing. An auto ecoboost would be pretty on par. If its tuned it might even get the win
My experience is that having weight over the drive wheels improves launching ability on poor roads (street). Maybe on an 80 degree day on perfect pavement a RWD car can launch better, but 99% of the time the RWD car is at a disadvantage on the street. At least that's true where I live.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
My experience is that having weight over the drive wheels improves launching ability on poor roads (street). Maybe on an 80 degree day on perfect pavement a RWD car can launch better, but 99% of the time the RWD car is at a disadvantage on the street. At least that's true where I live.
You must live in Alaska. The only place fwd is better. Is in the snow. And thats just because all weight stays over the front wheels.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Maybe part throttle racing could decide the true winner. Give me the type R any day it is more unique and rare everyone has a dang Mustang which is a really bad thing :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You must live in Alaska. The only place fwd is better. Is in the snow. And thats just because all weight stays over the front wheels.
Minnesota.

On snow, yes FWD is better than RWD (all else equal). Also true if it's rainy. Also true if it's below 60 degrees. If you take the times I'm on the road those conditions rule out a lot of days.

This morning it was in the 40s when I drove in to work. Nice and warm weather, but I don't have a lot of traction. This afternoon the high temperature will be 50.

No, I'm not planning to race a type R on the way home.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Type R is a road course car, not a straight line car. It's competing with cars 2 to 3 times its price tag on the tracks. I'd say it's a really good bang for the buck.

I'd get a Type R when the refresh hits and they tone down that ridiculous wing.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Type R is a road course car, not a straight line car. It's competing with cars 2 to 3 times its price tag on the tracks. I'd say it's a really good bang for the buck.

I'd get a Type R when the refresh hits and they tone down that ridiculous wing.
It's really hard to imagine a front engine front wheel drive car being great on the road course. I realize they have done some tricks to reduce understeer, but you still have two tires doing all the work and two just along for the ride. Almost anything front engine RWD will be more enjoyable.

I would think it's good for city driving and 0-30 racing. And looking really terrible.

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
I raced one from a roll.... Not worth talking about....

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
And looking really terrible.
The boy racer in my loves all the plastic bullsh!t they glued on that poor civic.:inlove:

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
To be fair tho the stock Ecoboosts have the most anemic tune possible. I had a 16 Eco auto and it was awful until I installed the FP tune. Then it was an animal.
Id imagine an 18 with a tune would beat the R in a straight line with no problem at all.

Regarding the Type R, I know its really quick and I honestly kinda like the way it looks, but paying 40k + for a FWD Civic seems ridiculous. I could never justify it.
I really wish honda would stop goofing off and give us a new S2k. We deserve it.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kaw8787

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
Agree on the S2k. Although Id never be able to fit in one. And my lifestyle requires something at the very least the size of my mustang. And even then I find myself calling a friend with an suv or truck at times

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
It's really hard to imagine a front engine front wheel drive car being great on the road course. I realize they have done some tricks to reduce understeer, but you still have two tires doing all the work and two just along for the ride. Almost anything front engine RWD will be more enjoyable.

I would think it's good for city driving and 0-30 racing. And looking really terrible.
Brother man, you have to research the time attack lap times. http://www.grid.life/track-records/

Some of the track records are held by FWD, yes front wheel drive. They start of with a sub 3000lb car, probably weighing in around 2500/2600lbs. Gut that car, add power and down force and you have a machine that is putting down 300-400+hp weighing 1000lbs less than an equally prepped mustang. Power isnt everything, and time attack is 1 car doing X amount of laps trying to achieve the fastest time. The FWD cars are putting down faster lap times in tracks like road atlanta, mid ohio.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Infiniti Q60, Subaru BRZ
Stock vs stock:
The Type R will take the Ecoboost mustang.
Idk about modded too many variables but That K20C1 is no joke

Now if its a Coyote different story.
Sponsored